• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting round to taking my Big Bag of Change to the bank, where they have a coin sorting machine. However, I've just realised that it's school run time, and the only parking close to the bank is on a cul-de-sac round the back with a school on it. So I'm giving them thirty minutes or so to get themselves sorted before I head off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Finally getting round to taking my Big Bag of Change to the bank, where they have a coin sorting machine. However, I've just realised that it's school run time, and the only parking close to the bank is on a cul-de-sac round the back with a school on it. So I'm giving them thirty minutes or so to get themselves sorted before I head off
      According to the bathroom scales, said bag weighs 13.6lb

The bag itself is a canvas tote from a conference, so that's not adding much. Good bit of change there

Comment

The bag itself is a canvas tote from a conference, so that's not adding much. Good bit of change there
        Reminds me of taking the contents of the Telebank coin in the slot machines down to the bank in Swansea, back when it was a bank rather than a pub.

I realised recently that the insurance I had at the time certainly didn't cover what amounted to business use.

Just as well I didn't hit anything.

Not that I realised that I would have needed business cover or what it was in those dim & distant days when Harold Wilson was PM.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Reminds me of taking the contents of the Telebank coin in the slot machines down to the bank in Swansea, back when it was a bank rather than a pub.

I realised recently that the insurance I had at the time certainly didn't cover what amounted to business use.

Just as well I didn't hit anything.

Not that I realised that I would have needed business cover or what it was in those dim & distant days when Harold Wilson was PM.
          In one of his first jobs, which must have been in the late 1940s or early 1950s, my Dad had to carry cash from the electricity board offices to the bank by walking through Liverpool city centre with it in a case chained to his wrist. He says he'd rather they hadn't chained it to him, as his natural instinct if somebody tried to rob him would have been to just hand it over as quickly as possible to avoid any unpleasantness

Comment

They were, and I got it in the 30 seconds. I was hoping you'd got it, then expected Susie to come up with it, and was left disappointed but smug
            Smug is exactly how you're supposed to feel when watching Countdown. I think that's where reasonably competent but very fallible contestants such as myself are good for your armchair viewer. Contestants like my friend who is on in a couple of weeks you're extremely unlikely to surpass, but more to watch with mouth open as he comes up with the most obscure words you've never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              the most obscure words you've never heard of.
              "honest day's work"?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off to the bank

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Smug is exactly how you're supposed to feel when watching Countdown. I think that's where reasonably competent but very fallible contestants such as myself are good for your armchair viewer. Contestants like my friend who is on in a couple of weeks you're extremely unlikely to surpass, but more to watch with mouth open as he comes up with the most obscure words you've never heard of.
                  The problem is when that smugness is enhanced by a bottle of wine, and before you know it you've filled in the form and are on the telly!

Comment

£134.62

Turns out I was rich all this time and just hadn't realised

Comment

£134.62

Turns out I was rich all this time and just hadn't realised
                      That'll cover another day or two on the bench

Comment

Working...
                      X