• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea/dinner this evening was the remains of Sunday's roast lamb with carrots & onions.

It was nice enough.

This evening's epic is "The Glenn Miller Story (1954)" with Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson, with Harry Morgan before he went to Korea.

The Glenn Miller Story (1954) - IMDb

According to the above it's 1.37:1, but the dvd is 16:9.

Satchmo. Yeah.

Now we cooking.

It was ok once Miller had "found his sound", it was a bit meh before that, other than Satch.

And the ending is a bit of a downer, all in all.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2019, 21:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Tea/dinner this evening was the remains of Sunday's roast lamb with carrots & onions.

It was nice enough.

This evening's epic is "The Glenn Miller Story (1954)" with Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson, with Harry Morgan before he went to Korea.

The Glenn Miller Story (1954) - IMDb

According to the above it's 1.37:1, but the dvd is 16:9.
      i tried watching that once, but i wasn't in the mood.

Comment

It got very gloomy shortly before dusk, and occasional showers are promised. To celebrate, tea has been the last of the scouse out of the freezer (to which it was consigned on 8 February) with the ends of a soft farmhouse loaf; and very nice it was

Comment

^ I've been excavating stuff in the freezer.

Stone me there's a lot of meat in there.

Tomorrow's tea/dinner shall be liver & bacon with onion gravy.

This should make Friday afternoon particularly fragrant.

After last week's rather obnoxious Lentil <pfffft> soup, I'm giving that a miss for a while, plus there's none in the freezer because I haven't made a new batch.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            ^ I've been excavating stuff in the freezer.

Stone me there's a lot of meat in there.

Tomorrow's tea/dinner shall be liver & bacon with onion gravy.

This should make Friday afternoon particularly fragrant.

After last week's rather obnoxious Lentil <pfffft> soup, I'm giving that a miss for a while, plus there's none in the freezer because I haven't made a new batch.

Anyway, TFBSZ.
            Goodnight

Comment

Tonight's out-of-this-world entertainment has been more of Babylon 5 S1: Legacies, and A Voice in the Wilderness parts one and two. Really getting moving with the major story arc now, setting us up for the shocking developments in S2

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning all

Touch of Bunkitiss this morning after some unexpected birthday extravagance last night, courtesy of Chef Colin McGurran at Winteringham Fields.

Dinner consisted of the following :

Warm crumpet with with cheese and marmite mousse topped with grated bacon.
                    Tartlet of whipped Lincolnshire Poacher cheese with smoked eel and granny smith apple.

Malted Brown Bread with caramelised butter.

Smoked Cods Roe with cream cheese topped with a slice of fresh beetroot pickled in Dashi vinegar.

Smoked confit chicken thigh with crispy skin and a crispy granola, Asparagus Spear, confit egg yolk and herb emulsion.

Baked potato on an artichoke puree with parsnip crisps and a parmesan, cream and white wine sauce.

Cured monkfish with fresh grapes, pickled celery and anchovies with dill oil in a celery broth.

Fillet of Stone Bass wrapped in courgette ribbon with fresh prawns and a prawn bisque.

Breast of Guinea Fowl with forest hand mushroom, wild garlic pesto, a dumpling of Guinea Fowl ragu and a Guinea Fowl sauce.

Merengue Shell filled with coconut and white chocolate sorbet on a mint gel with coconut shavings.

Brown sugar tart with powdered chocolate, banana mint salsa and yoghurt sorbet.

All plus Wine Flight to accompany and finished with coffee and sweets.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight's out-of-this-world entertainment has been more of Babylon 5 S1: Legacies, and A Voice in the Wilderness parts one and two. Really getting moving with the major story arc now, setting us up for the shocking developments in S2

Goodnight all
                      Significant things to come in ep 20.

Morning.

Grey.

Overcast.

Dry.

Cold side of notverywarm.

Not windy.

Comment

Working...
                      X