• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Wonder if they've updated Apterous yet?
    Whoever updated that page is worse at numbers than me!

Comment

so....

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2636619

Tacky, or something I should JFDI? (not xoggy's one - that would be a bit OTT)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Ah no, I didn't. I forgot all about it, and I've volunteered at parkrun now so too late even if there are some left.
        Ah, right. If you'd been around for a pint or two I'd abandon the idea of driving home immediately after the conference, but as you won't be, I still have to decide whether to stay down there or not

Comment

so....

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2636619

Tacky, or something I should JFDI? (not xoggy's one - that would be a bit OTT)
          Cute Cthulhu FTW!

Comment

Wonder if they've updated Apterous yet?

They need to update part of ms's profile...

"will almost certainly return for the series finals in June 2018."
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              They need to update part of ms's profile...

"will almost certainly return for the series finals in June 2018."
              Just one of 3 number errors on that page. I'm sure it'll get sorted when the regular updater turns up.

Comment

Just one of 3 number errors on that page. I'm sure it'll get sorted when the regular updater turns up.
                I note that the second bloke to win eight games didn't get anything about being "the second male octochamp of the series"

Comment

Octochamp!

Congrats.

Not that I understand any of it, but congrats anyway.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I note that the second bloke to win eight games didn't get anything about being "the second male octochamp of the series"
                    Funny that, I was just thinking that myself. Maggie's gender doesn't get a mention either, although she was the first woman to break a run of over 30 male Octochamps. Personally I'd prefer that to disappear - gender really doesn't come into a game of words and numbers, but not fussed enough to make a deal about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Congrats.

Not that I understand any of it, but congrats anyway.

An "octochamp" is a contestant who has won eight games. They retire undefeated, and almost inevitably have a high enough cumulative score to be entered in the finals, which are a series of knockout heats leading to the final winner being declared Champion of Champions and given a big dictionary, despite the fact that they've proved themselves to be the person least likely to need one

Comment

Working...
                      X