• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    gravel, half bricks or boulders, - or something along those lines
    Oh, yes, The Life of Brian reference.

I recall it as through a glass darkly.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chips + Steak & Widney pie from our 1st Born's work, washed down with half a litre of Mocne, purchased from our local Polskie sklep run by a nice Muslim chap. As against our Polski sklep run by a Sikh or the one run by the nice Polish ladies.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was a bit of 24 Hours in A&E on one of those newfangled channels, followed by a bit more of The West Wing taking me into yet another series - or season - thereof.

Another trek up to the hospital tomorrow, where I'm going to tell the chap that I've decided I don't really care if the scar takes ages to heal as it isn't at all painful anymore, so can we just forget about it?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Intermittently drizzly.

Intermittently torrential.

Warmish.

16 deg in the living room, can't be arsed to go & look in the laundry room.

<cough> <wheeze> <sneeze>

Dreadful night's sleep.

Got up at 04:00 to take yet more Benelyn and the cheap stuff I bought in Morrisons (reduced) which managed to send me back to sleep until 10 to 8, for which, much thanks.

Currently listening to "Soul Music" on R4 which is maudlin in the extreme.

Oh, and it's time for torrential.

Sun's out.

Blue sky.

No good shall come of this.

Screwfix were advertising a nice little rechargeable sitelight.

Naturally enough, they've all gone.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2018, 10:49.

Comment

Morning all
            CBS in sunny sarf herts today

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Oh, yes, The Life of Brian reference.

I recall it as through a TODDY darkly.
            ftfy

Comment

Morning denizens

Well, nearly. Kept waking and going back to sleep again for most of it

I was strongly tempted to phone up and cancel my appointment at the LRI, but I might as well get it out of the way

Feel tulip though

Comment

Afternoon..

wfh today which is pleasant as the missus is down in dat der london

sausages and probably scrambled egg for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

Well, nearly. Kept waking and going back to sleep again for most of it

I was strongly tempted to phone up and cancel my appointment at the LRI, but I might as well get it out of the way

Feel tulip though
                  Spread those germs, after all Xmas (Bah! Fecking Humbug!) is a time for giving.

Today's epic incident was stepping on a fecking nail in the fecking garage in a fecking new pair of shoes, thusly ruining the right one and puncturing the ball of my foot.

This will, no doubt, lead to sepsis, weil's disease and tetanus.

It's been nice knowing you all.

Lunch/brunch/dinner/breakfast is Heinz beans on toast with a Morrisons pork pie (small, reduced).

Living the dream.

The puncture on the ball of the foot has been treated with surgical spirit, tcp, and some other gunk I bought the week before last.

I'll also be dying of antiseptic poisoning.

Dear Deity, that corvina cough stuff is foul.

It must be doing me good.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2018, 12:46.

Comment

Home again, having spread my disease around a bit - it's a very long walk through the hospital to the department I was visiting, so most areas were covered by my coughing

I drove, because I suspected walking there and back might be pushing it a bit. This allowed me to confirm that with all the faffing about with car parks and what have you, it takes me exactly the same amount of time to get to an appointment there by car as on foot

And I explained to the guy that as the (minor) problems with the scar had largely sorted themselves out in the months since I went to my GP about them and ended up at his clinic via a circuitous route, I was happy to just let it be. He was fine with that, I assume because he's just as overworked as everybody else in the NHS, so a year and a day after leaving hospital I can finally declare that I'm done with any surgery-related followups

Now I'm going to curl up and wait for the lurgy to carry me off

Comment

Apparently I have a temperature of 38.5°C to 39.3°C, depending on which ear I stick the thermometer in, which is around 101°F to 102.5°F

Not ideal

Comment

Working...
                      X