• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I have been requested to take my iPad along for Christmas, as my youngest niece is currently in Thailand or Vietnam or somewhere around there, and the intention is for the family here to FaceTime with her. I've never actually used FaceTime, but I imagine it'll be quite good on an iPad Pro with its big screen and decent quality front-facing camera
    Fanboi.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Back to xmas. Family thing tomorrow. Shall get there late as possible. One can only put up with relatives for so long.
    Indeed. And a Merry Bah! Humbug! to you too.

I'm catching the 16:46 to Swansea in eager anticipation that the 21:00 Swansea to Neath runs.

I'll have to fecking walk if it doesn't.

Must remember to wear my comfy shoes.

WTF I'm going to do in Swansea for an hour and a half on Xmas fecking Eve I really don't know.

Laundry done, so I have clean socks in which to receive socks tomorrow
    Clean socks. Luxury. Hopefully non religious ones.

Interesting.

The path chosen by google for walking from Swansea to Neath involves a jump off the Briton Ferry bridge down to Church St Briton Ferry, a drop of a mere 100 feet or so. .

It's a bit like its shortest route walking out to Tesco that involves crossing a canal where there's no bridge, and climbing over the fences either side of a railway line.

I think the AI is attempting to kill me.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2018, 16:16.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Anyway merry Mousemush toute la monde.
      There's a Christmas present for you over in Technical

Comment

There's a Christmas present for you over in Technical
        Hey Great, thanks Nick! An especially Hairy Octopus to you!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Christmas is all well and good, but it's not a patch on having sausages in the fridge that Need to be Eaten™

So a late lunch of sausages in soft white rolls it is

Comment

[QUOTE=DoctorStrangelove;2610492

I think the AI is attempting to kill me.[/QUOTE]

i can't open the doors, Dave

Comment

That's the gift wrapping and such done, aka ninety minutes (or more) of my life I'll never get back

Comment

That's the gift wrapping and such done, aka ninety minutes (or more) of my life I'll never get back
                And all that was left to do after that was to pop down to one of the many cash machines that clutter the neighbourhood, as my nieces are both getting ready money to help fund their travels in the Orient - the older one is going out to join her sister in the New Year, and those native bearers don't come cheap nowadays

So that's done, and I believe I'm as ready as I'm going to be for the festivities

It's a crisp night out, with frost already quite thick on the cars even though it supposedly isn't below freezing. Getting a bit misty too, so I daresay the freezing fog will be along soon no matter what the thermometer thinks

Comment

First beer of Christmas

Now, I wonder if there are any films relevant to the season?

Comment

First beer of Christmas

I'm watching "7 Psychopaths" with Christopher Walken et al if that's any help.

Seven Psychopaths (2012) - IMDb

The meal in Swansea went ok.

The trip down & back on the train was fine.

To add to the joy & satisfaction with life, a filling has cracked.

So all in all, it's a Very Merry Bah! Fecking Hunbug! indeed.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First beer of Christmas

Turns out there is one! It's called Die Hard (1988), and it's all about Christmas from start to finish

And I squeezed in a bit more of The West Wing after that while I finished my beer

Time to sleep, for tomorrow my brother is collecting me for the journey south.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X