• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the 3:10 to Yuma having arrived & departed with the miscreant aboard, it's TFBSZ.

Spent much of the afternoon wondering why my arse felt cold.

Got home to discover a large split in my jeans.

Which explained a lot.

I thought I'd pissed myself.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2018, 23:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      This evening's entertainment hasn't been altogether successful & stress free.

First attempt: "The English Patient", Spanish version: the bluray plays it in the proper aspect ratio (wider than feck), but won't select the English audio.

The play anything dvd plays it ok & selects the English audio but the aspect ratio is 4:fecking3 and there's burned in Spanish subtitles.

Give up.

The English Patient (1996) - IMDb

Pick "Sweeney Todd" off the pile, with Johnny Depp, it's a fecking musical so that lasts even less time.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) - IMDb

3rd attempt: "3:10 to Yuma" with Russel Crowe et al.

It's ok, but a bit slow really, not as good as the Glen Ford version.

There's about 40 minutes of it to go and I'm flagging a bit.

Ho very hum.

3:10 to Yuma (2007) - IMDb
      liked 3:10 to Yuma, it played well.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

First up on the telly tonight: S4E3 of Bron/Broen, aka The Bridge. I stopped watching this series (or season) earlier in the year because the weather IRL was wholly inappropriate; now we're back to long, chilly nights, it's time to get back into it

And to follow: Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018), aka Spot The Bit Where Tom Cruise Breaks His Ankle, being the latest of that ilk. Much as one would expect, and none the worse for that

And then a bit more of The West Wing, because it won't watch itself and I'm quite a long way in now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all waiting for a lift to the station. Hoping the mist doesn’t delay the train.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

With the 3:10 to Yuma having arrived & departed with the miscreant aboard, it's TFBSZ.

Spent much of the afternoon wondering why my arse felt cold.

Got home to discover a large split in my jeans.

Which explained a lot.

I thought I'd pissed myself.

Comment

Finally got a seat on the train as it pulled in to Swindon. That’s the wonders of free market capitalism, a chronic service at an overpriced fee to keep shareholders happy, but according to some on here it is the best/only way.
              Enough of that rant, I didn’t see any inneresting people on recumbent bikes at Swindon station. Maybe they are going to be in a corporate box at the Principality Stadium
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

X55 down to Neath, standing room only, full of coffin dodgers.

34 across to Tesco.

Shopped.

Just caught the 202 back across the river.

Walked back home, all in 45 minutes.

In a minor tragedy, the handle broke on my favourite mustard coloured carrier bag.

And I couldn't find the dvd of "Ebenezer" that I thought I'd bought last week.

Plus one of the charity emporia was shut.

14 deg in the living room, it was about 8.5 deg in the laundry room when last I looked.

Grey.

Hints of drizzle that came to nothing.

Sunless.

NotSoCold.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2018, 13:08.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, though no rain and marginally warmer than it has been at 9°C

Comment

X55 down to Neath, standing room only, full of fellow eldery citizens.

ftfy

Comment

Chicken bits and bacon crisps for lunch. Living the dream

And some bedding is in the wash. Saturday's a good day to do it, as it takes up a lot of space drying in the kitchen but I'm going to the Chinese tonight so I don't need the room to cook

Comment

Working...
                      X