• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey day again

A bracing 5°C out there - no, wait, it's gone up to 6° in the last twenty minutes or so, and expected to reach 7° by lunchtime

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That was close!

Went down to check the post, which had arrived, then opened the front door to see how the road was looking in the grey morning light. As I stood there contemplating the scene, I saw a bin wagon coming.

It could have been going anywhere, but just in case I rushed out the back, where I found the communal gate was still locked! And the bin wagon was indeed coming for us (recycling specifically), so I got the gate unlocked just in time, as they were collecting the bin from the one house before the gate.

Now I need to go back down and get the recycling bin back in; I just hope the general waste collection is still around lunchtime, as otherwise they're staying full for another week

It's all go on bin day!
      No such problem this week: I've just been down to check, and the gate is open for trundling

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        FTFY. The Arms Park is next door.

Saw Wales vs Australia there a couple of weeks ago.
        Landsdowne is still Landsdowne, the Arms Park is still the Arms Park. JPR might not be running in from full back with his socks rolled down, there might be a roof on it, it might have moved next door, but it's still the Arms Park.
        And to try to keep friendly with the Taffs, I'll wear my old Lions top. I suspect few will notice/care, although they may wonder which position McBride played in for Wales, and why was he 99. (particularly fitting for the Saffas, I think)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Landsdowne is still Landsdowne, the Arms Park is still the Arms Park. JPR might not be running in from full back with his socks rolled down, there might be a roof on it, it might have moved next door, but it's still the Arms Park.
          And to try to keep friendly with the Taffs, I'll wear my old Lions top. I suspect few will notice/care, although they may wonder which position McBride played in for Wales, and why was he 99. (particularly fitting for the Saffas, I think)
          It hasn't moved. The Arms Park is still there, the Principality is a brand new stadium next door and that's where the internationals are played. Cardiff Blues play on the original Lansdowne road ground, The Arms Park.

Arms Park Index : Arms Park | Cardiff Blues | Official website

That's the back of the Principality Stadium in the picture of the ground on the top left.

Try and tell any of the Welsh fans different and they'll laugh at you.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            It hasn't moved. The Arms Park is still there, the Principality is a brand new stadium next door and that's where the internationals are played. Cardiff Blues play on the original Lansdowne road ground, The Arms Park.

Arms Park Index : Arms Park | Cardiff Blues | Official website

That's the back of the Principality Stadium in the picture of the ground on the top left.

Try and tell any of the Welsh fans different and they'll laugh at you.
            This is Landsdowne Road:

Comment

Today on TPD: over the name of a stadium

Comment

Went to get the recycling bin back in, and somebody had already done it!

Makes a nice change

Comment

oil delivery made. I can now light the Rayburn for winter.

Comment

Off out shopping

Comment

The lab is now blessed with blinds.

Ooooer, Mrs.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X