• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's reached the dizzy heights of 18.9 in here at the moment, but since the room faces sort of NNW and only gets sun between about 19:00 and sundown, that's not altogether surprising.

The cold turkey on dvds didn't take. Ho hum.

Plus I bought yet another camembert from Morrisons which isn't destined to last long with a third of it gone already.

Other than that, I've wiped the dew/rain/whatever off the paintwork and hopefully by about 16:00 or so it'll be ready for the final coat.

I'll be interested to see if the cobalt Thorium G paint lasts any longer than the cheap jack Wilko crap it replaced.

There's enough wet rot wood hardener in that window sill to keep the house up.

Lunch was a Pukka steak pie with Heinz baked beans.

Living the dream, living the dream.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just went out to the kitchen, and there's a bloke up the doctor's fire escape pressure washing the underside of the steps.

In a few minutes, he'll be on the ones a few feet away from my kitchen window.

I've closed the kitchen window

Comment

Just watched the latest of my acquisitions:

Blackadder Back&Forth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212579/

which also contained

Blackadder: The Cavalier Years.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137390/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

I'd conflated this with "A Blackadder Xmas Carol", which it ain't.

But very funny all the same.

<hiatus>

Decided not to paint since the stuff I did yesterday is still a bit soft.

Cut 6 lawns instead.

Nearly dead now.

Send flowers.

The temperature in here is a heady 20.0 degrees.

I thought I had some bol for the spag in the freezer.

Turns out I thought wrong.

Though I found a further 4 litres of red & green gooseberries during the rumage.

<further hiatus>

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The 2nd feature was "The Marksman" with Wesley Snipes and an assortment of unknowns in a straight to dvd epic shot in Romania.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457090/?ref_=nv_sr_1
        I thought it adequate and nowhere near as bad as "The Mexican".

I didn't have to FF at all, which must be good.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2018, 18:17.

Comment

Laundry done.

And now I'm mucking about creating a Chef cookbook to configure an OpenStreetMap tileserver, as one does

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And now I'm mucking about creating a Chef cookbook to configure an OpenStreetMap tileserver, as one does
            Incredibly, I seem to have got stuff working

Time to head to the Chinese

Comment

I don't belieeeeve it.

This evening's epic was "The Bourne Legacy" which is sans Jason Bourne.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1194173/

It was suitably insane in the usual way and a rather enjoyable piece of hokum.

All it really needed was someone waffling on about incept dates and stuff and it would be the 2013 answer to 1982's Blade Runner's genetic engineering.

Now watching the nutjobs working on the hole they've dug in Oak Island on the Blaze channel.

13 channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from?

Them were the days.

Ah.

Today's lunacy is some suicidal nutjob diving 230 feet down a shaft.

How disappointing.

They're sending a drone down the hole.

So far they've found a square pipe.

And some remarkably cloudy water.

Hurrah!

Sense. They're not sending a suicide diver down the hole.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2018, 21:54.

Comment

A moth that had got into the kitchen through the open window just got out again the same way!

Also, we seem to have been invaded by a species of intelligent moth

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Also, we seem to have been invaded by a species of intelligent moth
                  It didn't look like this, did it....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    It didn't look like this, did it....?

Bit darker than that, but I didn't get close enough to see if the works were similar…

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014), in which Liam Neeson plays an alcoholic ex-cop who takes on some bad people. I assumed it would be the usual constant mayhem one expects from films in which Liam Neeson is doing that, but it turned out to be a very dark detective story, with most of the bad stuff - which is very bad indeed - happening offscreen, or in the slightest glimpses; though there is some pretty heavy mayhem near the end, too. It's very bleak, but worth watching.

And after that, a film I don't think I've seen since the late 1980s, possibly June 1989: The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957). My God, what a brilliant film! I'd forgotten just how well the story is developed, and the amazing photography and sets - not just amazing by the standards of the day, either. An absolute classic; if you've never seen it, your life is incomplete, and if you have, you know you should watch it again

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X