• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's too darn hot again. Officially, outside is 27°C; it feels warmer, though

The forecast speaks of rain five days from now. It's always going to rain five days from now. In five days, it'll be five days after that

Comment

Off to the Chinese

Comment

At the Chinese…

Comment

Back from the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Back from the Chinese
            And very nice too

Price rise this week, though. About 20p on individual items. As I recall it's the first price rise in two or three years, possibly longer, so that seems reasonable

Comment

I learned something new today...
              The Stihl grease tubes have exactly the same threads on them as the grease bolts on the components, so you unscrew the bolt, screw the tube in then squeeze in the grease. No mess..
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I learned something new today...
                The Stihl grease tubes have exactly the same threads on them as the grease bolts on the components, so you unscrew the bolt, screw the tube in then squeeze in the grease. No mess..
                Top Tip

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem commenced with The Martian (2015), being the Extended Edition, which was the UHD BluRay I bought in anticipation of the arrival of the UHD BluRay player I got just after I got the UHD TV, whenever that was - maybe twenty months ago? An excellent film, and though the "extended" bit of an alternative version of a film is sometimes obvious by longueurs, that doesn't happen in this case; it's all excellent

And after that, a rewatch of Catch Me If You Can (2002), the true (though presumably gingered up a bit for the film) story of the great con artist Frank Abagnale Jr. I watched this two or three years ago, but I'd forgotten how entertaining it is; in particular, I laughed out loud at the early bit when… well, no spoilers, but it's when Frank's parents are called in by the headmaster (or whatever they call them in America) a week or so after he's started at a new school

Goodnight all

Comment

Up bright and early to head to Bournemouth.

1.4 mile pier to pier swim for BHF!

(****, just seen the time - I was going to leave at 6:30!)

Comment

Ran out of milk so drinking black coffee this morning.

Didn't get out of bed until 08:45.

Off down the dump shortly to dispose of accumulated crap and thence on to Tesco & Morrisons for the Sunday afternoon morning shop.

Due to the increasing tedium of the forums I ventured into B****t.

I feel dirty now.

Off for a shower and a brain wipe.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X