• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stating the bleeding obvious !!!

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I think this came with a lighter socket attachment, I can't remember (would need to dig up the other cables - the only one we used was the EBOD). The other thing is - don't buy any other one apart from this. There's lots of others not he market, but the AA one is the only one that works well.
    Why not just use jumper cables from the Toyota to the Orion? The ones that plug into the cigar lighter are fussy about the ignition system, but you'll find that in the instructions that come wit it. If you get the AA, they'll check the battery as well. If it needs a new one it's a flat fee of £35, which was useful on a £85 replacement (but that's because I got parts and labour warranty though).
    Last edited by anonymouse; 16 January 2018, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
      Why not just use jumper cables from the Toyota to the Orion? The ones that plug into the cigar lighter are fussy about the ignition system, but you'll find that in the instructions that come wit it. If you get the AA, they'll check the battery as well. If it needs a new one it's a flat fee of £35, which was useful on a £85 replacement.
      The reason for my suggestion is that you can leave the panel connected and it will trickle charge the battery, so you don't need to use jump leads.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
        Why not just use jumper cables from the Toyota to the Orion? The ones that plug into the cigar lighter are fussy about the ignition system, but you'll find that in the instructions that come wit it. If you get the AA, they'll check the battery as well. If it needs a new one it's a flat fee of £35, which was useful on a £85 replacement (but that's because I got parts and labour warranty though).
        It's to keep it charged when I don't drive it much, not jump start it

Comment

They're predicting a ~30% chance of snow this evening. That usually means that there won't be any but, if there is, it'll be a light sprinkling on some fields a few miles away and absolutely nothing in the city

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            They're predicting a ~30% chance of snow this evening. That usually means that there won't be any but, if there is, it'll be a light sprinkling on some fields a few miles away and absolutely nothing in the city
            Indeed.

But there will still be some intrepid reports desperately looking for a story on the local news.....

Standing in a field in a hat and scarf desperately hoping for at least some wind strong enough to make the scarf move....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Indeed.

But there will still be some intrepid reports desperately looking for a story on the local news.....

Standing in a field in a hat and scarf desperately hoping for at least some wind strong enough to make the scarf move....
              The alternative is reporting on the Women's Institute meeting at the Village Hall, so you can't blame them for trying

Comment

Quite a bit of snowfall here. Started around 4.30 as rain then changed to snow. The Dog (tw) and I managed a short walk, long enough for a poo, then into the pub.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Quite a bit of snowfall here. Started around 4.30 as rain then changed to snow. The Dog (tw) and I managed a short walk, long enough for a poo, then into the pub.
                  About 6-8 inches then?

Comment

Looks like our snow's been cancelled

Comment

i appear to be succumbing to some sort of lurgy .
                      managed to get out to the pharmacy, but had to stop twice on the way back up the hill.
                      bugrit bugrit bugrit.

Chilli for dinner, in an attempt to nuke the bugger

Comment

Working...
                      X