• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all (I really must check in earlier)

Best do some work this afternoon, spent the morning evaluating different versions of Linux for a fresh web-browsing VM.

The latest Fedora (v27) didn't seem to work so well (in fact it wouldn't even boot when I updated it to the latest KPTI kernel) as my existing one (v20) so I've switched to Debian. Looks promising. All using Xfce.

Do what thou wilt

Comment

I hear NF has been trying to train seagulls to fetch Greggs sausage rolls for him.

Sadly it did not quite go to plan: -
      Greggs in Scotland raided by cocky seagull | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Dinner's on in the slow cooker: lamb shanks in red wine sauce

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          What time are we due round?

That is even better than neck of lamb cooked for 12 hours in slow cooker.....

Comment

Chilli here. In the oven on a low heat as we don't have a slow cooker
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Grilled Pork steaks tonight, probably with microwaved rice (because I'm lazy )
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Amazon managed to deliver my Mum's birthday card in time for me to get it addressed and in the post. I even managed to find a real first class stamp, rather than having to print out one of those ugly barcode labels from the website

Whenever I post something in the pillar box on the corner, I'm always vaguely surprised that they still exist

And also arrived is the Trump book, Fire and Fury.

As it happens, I'm currently re-reading When Genius Failed, which I assume is the title they would have used if it hadn't already been taken

Comment

Whenever I post something in the pillar box on the corner, I'm always vaguely surprised that they still exist
                  Indeed....

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Comment

I wish I'd started making the rest of dinner a bit earlier - it won't be ready for another twenty minutes or so

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X