• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Public school education (on a State scholarship in my case) means I’m inured to a constant background level of misery in a regimented institutional context where people order you to do stuff you wouldn’t do voluntarily
    so grasp the pillow and no moaning?

sleep tight!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

I stopped taking the dihydrocodeine yesterday because it makes me feel crap, but I can definitely feel a bit more pain this morning due to the lack of it. I need to decide which is more unpleasant, I suppose

Comment

Bad ice this morning. It snowed at some point during the night, then melted to slush, then froze solid. I expect the feds will have a busy morning dealing with the carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

I stopped taking the dihydrocodeine yesterday because it makes me feel crap, but I can definitely feel a bit more pain this morning due to the lack of it. I need to decide which is more unpleasant, I suppose
            See if they will offer you something different - like Tramadol.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Bad ice this morning. It snowed at some point during the night, then melted to slush, then froze solid. I expect the feds will have a busy morning dealing with the carnage.
              Yup, walking on the hill was interesting this morning. Raining hard, but freezing on the ground in places.

Comment

Morning NF. Glad that you are back in TPD. Don't forget your Timesheet!
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Yup, walking on the hill was interesting this morning. Raining hard, but freezing on the ground in places.
                  That was yesterdays delight - i fell over on a puddle that had ice under it

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    There are days when you know you are good at your job.

I just killed off a 1 man year project with 1 comment and 5 minutes of thought. Now it’s a 5 day piece of work
                    Is that SkyNet?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Thankfully I’m not working for a large consultancy but rather the software supplier. My aim is to provide some sanity (stop laughing all who know me) and bin the current consultancies as and when we can.
                      Unlikely......

Comment

Working...
                      X