• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Managed to wake at six feeling refreshed, rather than being woken at eight have my blood pressure checked or some such. Maybe not having to share the room with two strangers is a good thing?

Comment

In order to get the early train into Leeds this morning, I decided to walk to the station. This only took half an hour which looks very reasonable for future commutes because the standard early train procedure is to get in the car and drive ten minutes to the park, and then walk another ~10 minutes to the station. The newly installed cycle racks on the platform mean this 30 minutes could be reduced much further with only a small amount of preparation, which I shall look into

Oh, and it was snowing a little, which made the walk even nicer

Comment

In other news, I had liver, bacon and onions for dinner last night. I've not eaten liver (knowingly) (except for paté, which is excluded from my prejudice by virtue of being very nice) for ~25 years, but my half a lamb came with it so i plucked up the courage and with the assistance of the hairy bikers made myself eat it.

Verdict - 7/10 It was certainly not the horrendous offering I recall from childhood. Some might suggest this is down to a maturing palate, for which there may be an argument, but I prefer to pin it on the low grade culinary abilities of my mother who would grill it till it was dried out. This would be in much the same way that rice was rehabilitated many years back with the discovery that it didn't have to be boiled to the point of turning into a gelatinous lump. There's a portion left, which has gone in the fridge, rather than the bin, and i might well try a curried recipe next time.

Comment

Morning all Chilly dog walk this morning, staying with friends near Vodafone HQ. Might go and look around their car park for someone asking how to park their car...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just been accosted by a roaming pathology consultant, who is seeking patients on whom he can inflict some of his students a bit later. I told him to bring them along; it's no skin off my nose (unless they're very bad indeed at examining patients), and they've got to learn somehow

Comment

Time for another cup of tea, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just been accosted by a roaming pathology consultant, who is seeking patients on whom he can inflict some of his students a bit later. I told him to bring them along; it's no skin off my nose (unless they're very bad indeed at examining patients), and they've got to learn somehow
                  Should have done a deal for an early appointment with the Cath Lab
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

How is NF today?

Comment

Working...
                      X