• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damp and drizzly kind of day. Which is suitable for making one's way into Leeds, so that's ok.

Not much else to report. Thursday. Bin day at new house. NF - does your app have the facility to remind the multiple homeowner of their various bin wheeling chores?

Comment

Oh good. Just checked the local ATC Twitter feed, and there are emergency gas board roadworks causing major delays in the direction of one of my errands

Might be quicker to drive all the way round the inner ring road and approach the place from the opposite direction…

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          a bit late to the party!
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Oh good. Just checked the local ATC Twitter feed, and there are emergency gas board roadworks causing major delays in the direction of one of my errands

Might be quicker to drive all the way round the inner ring road and approach the place from the opposite direction…
            Errands run. The roadworks are indeed causing long queues, but I only observed them from a little distance away, as a detour along a slightly convoluted route through an industrial estate brought me out on the other side of them in no time. I was surprised more people weren't going that way, but admittedly it's not the most obvious rat run - in fact, its relative obscurity is something which I remember being designed into it as a condition for planning approval of the new access, back in the 1990s as I recall

I went looking for new tyres for the car, as the current ones are still legal but getting there, but they couldn't get the ones I wanted in the right size until tomorrow, when I'm away. So I'm going to give them a bell next week to make arrangements. They're a small local firm, but their reputation is excellent so I'm happy to wait until they can sort me out.

Now I need to sort out lunch and get my bag packed. I think an amble up to Greggs might be on the cards…

Comment

Greggs ambled to, and bag nearly packed - just need to slip the iPad and such in there before setting off.

I just went to check the email confirming my hotel and…no sign of it

I could find the one from last year, but nothing at all from this year, even though I was absolutely sure I'd booked. After searching (including spam - I never delete it) on three different computers plus phone, I gave up and phoned the hotel, who confirmed that I do indeed have a sea view room booked and will be arriving later today

So no idea what's happened to the email confirming it, but at least I'm not kipping under the pier

Comment

Right, I'm off! See you in Brighton

Comment

Have fun. Want to stop in for a pint on the way past?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Presumably this is a relaxing weekend? And not some obscure coding conference?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Have fun. Want to stop in for a pint on the way past?
                      I would. However I am not sure if the shoot on sight policy is still in operation....

Comment

Working...
                      X