• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Time for more wine!
    I got some just after posting that

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Time for more wine!
      I think so.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Baader is played by Moritz Bleibtreu. I didn't recognise him straight away, but there are certain facial expressions - maybe even subtler than that, like ways of forming expressions - that made me realise: he's Manni, Lola's boyfriend in one of my favourite films of all time, Lola Rennt

Ten years older, of course; but in the earlier film he's a feckless lackey, in this an evil mastermind who commands. It's interesting to see him in both roles, particularly when both characters find themselves (SPOILER ALERT: at least once but maybe not forever in Lola Rennt) failing in their endeavours. Playing the part of somebody who fails when they don't expect themselves to be much of a success anyway but thought maybe they'd managed this time is very different from playing somebody who expected to change, and maybe rule, the world but finds it all turning to tulip.

That must be what thespians mean when they talk of "range". Whatever it is, he's got it

Comment

And now, just for the contrast (and because I love it) I'm going to watch Lola Rennt again

Remember: if you buy it in this country, it's sold under the title Run Lola Run. That can be easily ignored (it should be Lola Runs), but the important point is that the DVD is configured by default to play the version that's dubbed into English. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU WATCH THE FILM THAT WAY! Go into the Language menu and return it to its native German; and if, like me, you don't actually know German, go into the Subtitles menu and turn on English subtitles.

You need the version with the original voices, even if it's a language you don't understand. Trust me on this

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Anyone know the German for "Accountant"?
            No, but from the annals of the GermanTaxman commeth thread I learned that a tax advisor is a Steuerberater. It might even be the same thing as an accountant for all i know

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Trying a new blend from Guatemala this morning #CoffeeSnob
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Buchhalter

Lit. Book Holder.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Trying a new blend from Guatemala this morning #CoffeeSnob
                    Espresso? Drip? French Press?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Seven minutes and twenty-six seconds of credits

Blowin' in the Wind (original 1963 version by Dylan) is over a couple of minutes of them, though, which is a bonus of sorts

As if the Germans would have just one word.

dict.cc | accountant | Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch

Comment

Working...
                      X