• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Overcast and a bit on the dull side this morning. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Rain forecast in varying levels of enthusiasm all day. Barometer up a snatch to 1011 mBar.

Woke around 5.50 am for reasons unknown.

Comment

Unusually lucky for me, that moon thing was largely hidden behind the clouds but there was a bit of a gap just before I went to bed. Didn't get to sleep until 3am, Loony Lady 1 is always telling me full moons keep us awake.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Looked at the Blue Supermoon last night: it was visible, as through a glass darkly, due to the clouds.

Morning.

Thursday.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Cool verging on very cool in here at 18.5 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of July 2019 Phil The Greek had a sausage sandwich, Diver had toad in the hole, whilst NF had sardine toasties, and I went to the idle mofo's birthday meal in that Swansea which went reasonably well, plainly my irritation hadn't reached boiling point at that stage, whereas BR14 related details of his then recent coming off his motorbicycle and colliding with the lower branches of a conifer, such revelations being prompted by my observations on the wisdom of some local oik riding a motorscooter whilst wearing shorts & a teeshirt.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gap Finders: ticket sales <click>

An afternoon extracting pages from RadCom so they can hit paper rec tomorrow.

Tea: more of the indifferent chilli con carne with rice, some apricot halves, a yog (or two, BBE related), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting.

Ghosts US. The new hire is problematic as are the ghosts.

Classic Films: "The Third Man" with the final appearance of the now late Derek Malcolm.

Trucking Hell S7? S6 E7 the last appearance of Rory, the one with the mouldy sandwich. And cutting up logs.

Oooo, the Cwmfelin Social Club has discovered that it's a bit close to a number on mine entries as shown on the Coal Authority map. Sinkhole! I wonder how deep it is.

Skin A&E on 5*+1.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2023, 21:36.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

I saw the Moon last night by dint of wandering over to the window for a look. As I suspected, it may be close but it's also comparatively low in the sky at the moment, so it rose over to the side of the direction my living room window faces

Comment

As expected, I completely forgot to look out for the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              As expected, I completely forgot to look out for the moon.
              here ye go

Comment

Darn! You beat me to it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Darn! You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

here ye go

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

so unladylike

Comment

Working...
                      X