• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raining a bit here now. I was thinking of going shopping, but I might leave it until tomorrow if it carries on; I don't need anything urgently

Comment

HWMBO is on his way down. The flight is delayed, possibly a hang up from the NATS meltdown on Monday, possibly just normal BA service.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Raining a bit here now. I was thinking of going shopping, but I might leave it until tomorrow if it carries on; I don't need anything urgently
        The rain stopped, so off to Big Sainsbury's I went

Distinct lack of masks again

But the shopping, such as it was, is done; and the journey home was past the tax fraud chip shop, so that's where tea came from: jumbo sausage, chips and curry sauce

Not a meal I have, or would want, often, but it's nice now and again, and gives me a bit of a nostalgia buzz for times many years ago when I was so broke that it counted as a bit of a treat

Comment

The bed linen has been changed. I had stripped the bed earlier this afternoon and washed the outgoing linen but failed to report the event.

Comment

What with shopping and that, the only TV watched tonight has been that thing about Gloucestershire police on nights, which I'd forgotten about for so long that there are now two more series of it

Now, to make up for last night's late running due to pillow drying nonsense, I'm getting an early night

Friday tomorrow! It's only a three day week for me, but I'm already in need of a weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start to September (and autumn in some people's opinion, though I stick by the equinoxes and solstices). Comparatively mild, though: currently 14°C with 21° expected, no rain anticipated, and it might clear up a bit towards teatime. The barometers are much the same again at 997/1005mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast and damp. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Rin due to clear up by lunchtime with a chance of a bit of sunshine making an appearance this afternoon. Barometer back down to 1010 mBar.

Rubbish sleep. Good job I'm clocking off at 4 pm today.

Comment

My next door neighbour (for a few more days, until she finishes moving) is in the news: Great Fire of London: Man who first raised alarm identified - BBC News

Comment

^^^ Stalker alert! .

Morning.

Friday.

Rubbish night's sleep, awake unbidden at 04:37, ended up reading more of the book, then slept on & off until 08:30.

Dreams involved the Dutton Phaeces, a boss from 30 years ago, and finding myself too hot in bed.

Dryly damp or damply dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 18.1 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.677633 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of July 2019, long long ago & far far away, WTFH was not pleasing Phil the Greek by informing some DoE award candidates that they weren't where they thought they were, whilst I had recovered from the extreme flatulence caused by the birthday meal on the 5th.

More RadComs processed, yesterday's having been removed this morning by the recycling engineers.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some thing on R4 about noses. TWATO.

The RadComs now all "processed" the unwanted remains reside in the paper rec bin for disposal next Thursday.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

A futile trek around town looking for "A spy amongst friends" by Ben McIntyre proved futile, however a copy of "Spycatcher", Peter Wright, 1987, saved me the trouble of looking for it down the shed. Once read it'll be off with the rest of the dross to those poor bastards in Oxfam. .

Tea: Mr Brains faggots with peas & mash, a yog, the last of the apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"Entertainment": the last 5 minutes of "More or Less" then "PM".

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting.

Keep Britain Tidy (1962). The dear dead days beyond recall when everywhere wasn't covered with plastic crap from McDonalds, Colonel Chicken, aluminium cans (rather than proper tin coated steel cans), and proper brown beer bottles.

Dial 999 E37: Radioactive. Unspecified isotopes left in a lead container in the boot of a car with the doors unlocked which promptly gets nicked. It doesn't end well.

Strangest Things

What on earth? Both replaced by some monster crap that's been on through the week. I think this one's about werewolves or somesuch bollox.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2023, 21:46.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A bright if overcast start to the day.

Took my watch for a new battery yesterday and placed my vintage in for a service. Had a nice chat about such things with the old chap behind the counter who gifted me a highfaluting magazine with lots of shiny new baubles to keep me drooling. I do love a nice watch.

The laptop for my new gig arrives later today. An XPS13 Plus. These guys clearly don't skimp on their kit.

It's just me and the dog in the house, so we might nip off for a nap... though I'd have to wake the lazy tulip up to get past him and out of the office.

Laters...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X