• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Getting paid for the two things you like best: walking and being in charge!
    You know she’s going to start complaining about moderating the forum from a mobile phone, and how you need to improve it!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Recycling and food waste bins have been trundled.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Recycling and food waste bins have been trundled.
        On a Monday!

It's like a different world out there in Ealing

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

The naan was by Sharwood's due to a shortage of the Sainsbury's own-brand ones last time I was there. A bit bigger in overall surface area, but thinner too; nice enough, but I think I prefer the Sainsbury's ones - and they're cheaper too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

On a Monday!

It's like a different world out there in Ealing
            Collections are on a Tuesday round these parts.

I did have collections on Tuesday in that Kensington but also on a Friday. Here it's once a week with recycling and garden/general waste on alternate weeks. Food waste is collected every week (except when it isn't).

Food waste definitely has to be visible before 7am, there's a bit more wiggle room with the timing for the others.

In non-refuse related news, I see there is a new series of Inside Central Station on the beeb.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Collections are on a Tuesday round these parts.

I did have collections on Tuesday in that Kensington but also on a Friday. Here it's once a week with recycling and garden/general waste on alternate weeks. Food waste is collected every week (except when it isn't).

Food waste definitely has to be visible before 7am, there's a bit more wiggle room with the timing for the others.

In non-refuse related news, I see there is a new series of Inside Central Station on the beeb.
              You can do a tour there for £15 Glasgow Central Tours - Connects History of Glasgow Central Station, Historical events - I've never done it but I've never heard a bad review....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was an AMC Pacer, which they derided from the start and then made look so ridiculous that they lost thousands of dollars selling it on a charity auction website after not finding a single person willing to be seen buying it on TV

Later, some old Police Interceptors to go with the curry

And finally the Australian gold people were back, in E11 of the season that they unceremoniously stopped showing to make room for the opal miners a few months ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    The storm cleared to blue skies this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lots of rain after I went to bed last night, but it's moved on now. But it's a grey start, allegedly foggy (though it isn't here). Mild enough at 17°C with 21° expected, but more rain due this evening and overnight. Barometers back down a bit at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Working...
                      X