• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Blue skies through the trees!

Good Omens 1 was based more on the book. I actually found 2 better.
    Good omens season 1 is based on the book.

Season 3 will be based on the notes that Neil and Terry got as far as plotting

season 2 was to get us to that point
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The opal hunters today featured a few more that we've already seen a lot of in later series

And then I watched a couple of Apple Developer videos about the Combine framework, which "provides a declarative Swift API for processing values over time" and seems extremely cool and powerful, and also one of those things that takes a bit of effort to get one's head around, after which very complex things suddenly become very simple. I'm looking forward to playing with it

Then one of those police ones that's half motorway cops who spend half their time not on the motorway, and half dashcam footage

Oh, and this afternoon (washing) and evening (drying) has seen a bedding wash undertaken and completed

Another early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Dunno if I was hallucinating this afternoon. Aircraft pass through pretty high up in our area to/from Gatwick but but this one was quite low down, seemed to be going rather slowly and I couldn't hear any noise at all. Could it be an airship made to look like an aircraft?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start to what promises, or perhaps threatens, to be a warm day: already at 18°C, with an expected high of 26°; though this time yesterday they said 22° and we got 23°, so who knows what we'll end up with? The barometers are also up a little at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Good omens season 1 is based on the book.

Season 3 will be based on the notes that Neil and Terry got as far as plotting

season 2 was to get us to that point
            cheers didn't know that
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.6 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto, 18.5 deg in the salting house.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 I was taking stuff down the dump, followed by viewing programmes on the late lamented Smithsonian channel, these being about Apollo, whilst Diver had a contract in Taiwan.

The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line. It's getting cloudy.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Entertainment: The Infinity Monkey Cage "Irrationality".

The Infinite Monkey Cage: "Before the Big Bang".

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gapfinders waffling on about sommat or other.

Shopping trip to Tesco, Aldi, and Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Cottons in off the line & those requiring the iRon duly iRoned and airing upstairs along with the uniRoned smalls.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage Xmas Special with the Rev. Richard Coles & Brian Blessed: Gordon's Alive!.

Trucking Hell S3 E14.

7 lawns mown, with mine still to do.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Joy of Painting. . No due to consuming tea.

Joy of Painting. . Ditto.

Police Interceptors. They're trying to do Crouch out of some work recovering a Range Rover.

Trucking Hell S7 E9.

More UFO bollox on Blaze.

It started raining at about 22:00. Back to normal then.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 August 2023, 08:30.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scorpion is no more the series jumped the shark fed alligator last night in its last few episodes. The handsome Algerian genius with 2 very white parents whose southern Irish accent was very questionable and whose Dad looked like Danny Dyer had romanced both the waitress and the Brilliant chemist with the social skills of a slug.

sadly no more

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Barometer up a smidge to 1020 mBar.

Yesterday's ents involved watching LIVE TV as I wanted to see the first episode of Annika season 2 on Abili which apparently is only available on Sky and Virgin. So, I had to dust off my brother's Sky password and watch it on Sky Go, with those nasty adverts. The BBC picked up season 1 after it first aired on Alibi, I wonder if they will do the same again?

The 'Agile Delivery Coordinator' at ClientCo has demonstrated, yet again, that she doesn't believe a word of what I say and is asking for evidence that a supplier has changed their approach to setting up a data feed, delaying some of our work. Their new approach will be better so I (and our data architect) are happy. She is not because she wants to know every single detail, despite telling me that including her in a meeting to discuss the work was pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    She is not because she wants to know every single detail, despite telling me that including her in a meeting to discuss the work was pointless.
                    Thank you for you email please see the email below where you said you were happy for me to make the decision....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Thank you for you email please see the email below where you said you were happy for me to make the decision....
                      She's more cunning than that. Rarely uses email. Lots of slack messages and verbal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X