• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car was another appearance for the BMW 2002tii, and the gold diggers had the usual mix of ups and downs. And then an episode of Traffic Cops which was focused on RTC investigations rather than a succession of chases, which was quite interesting

And then I read a bit of Frontier by Grace Curtis, a recently-published sci-fi novel. Seems promising enough so far

And interspersed with these pursuits, some ditzing around on the new MBA. The great thing about this machine is that Apple have finally built a laptop on which Xcode runs really well due to lots of memory and a powerful processor, which makes it much less frustrating to use, and thus easier to just experiment and play around with stuff

Early night now though, as I'm tired and I figure an extra hour or so of sleep won't do any harm

Goodnight all

Comment

Eurovision Semi-1 has been watched, now TFBSZ.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though apparently it won't last and there may (40%) even be drizzle from lunchtime onwards. Currently 10°C and getting up to 16° later, and the barometers are back up a little at 1000/1008mB

A good night's sleep was had, but will it be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The car was another appearance for the BMW 2002tii, and the gold diggers had the usual mix of ups and downs. And then an episode of Traffic Cops which was focused on RTC investigations rather than a succession of chases, which was quite interesting

And then I read a bit of Frontier by Grace Curtis, a recently-published sci-fi novel. Seems promising enough so far

And interspersed with these pursuits, some ditzing around on the new MBA. The great thing about this machine is that Apple have finally built a laptop on which Xcode runs really well due to lots of memory and a powerful processor, which makes it much less frustrating to use, and thus easier to just experiment and play around with stuff

Early night now though, as I'm tired and I figure an extra hour or so of sleep won't do any harm

Goodnight all
          Got to ask what spec of Air did you get - take it 16gb and at least 512gb drive (because the lower spec ones are now slower than the M1 versions).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all
            Not raining right now, but looking murky out.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday according to reports.

Reasonable night's sleep with assorted weird dreams.

Briefly sunny to get one's hopes up.

Wet.

White sky.

Raining.

Cooler in here at 16.3 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen (adjacent to the kettle), 16 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of June 2019 it appears I was still cooking stuff, Newport (Gwent) received a poor review on my version of trip adviser, particularly as one approached the passport office.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWATO. Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

The starter pullcord on the lawn mower duly bodged with a length of metal cored clothes line which worked once then the end broke off at the handle, bodged more by replacing a bit of the old cord & granny knotting it to the clothes line. Success.

Five lawns duly mown, so there goes no mow May, if I left it until June I'd have to strim one of them, possibly more, which is much harder work.

Tea: chicken in white sauce (a lump of which exploded at me) with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E5 AMC Pacer. Bought: $3k5, Total: $12,750, Sold: $7857 by online auction. Oh yes, selling the fecker was a bit of a problem. . Made a loss of $5k. They sent a check to some cancer charity for $4k. Or something.

St. Fagans.

The Bad Skin Clinic. S5 E4. A lady with rosacea and rhinophyma. Chap with a very large lump between his neck & his shoulder: he's having it removed under GA.Stone me that was a lipoma & a half: came out cleanly in the capsule. Woman with "nodular prurigo" but the Dr disagrees. It's something else. Lady with lumps on her head. Ah, pilar cystic goodness.

Dr Pimplepopper. S5 E4. Chap with a lump on his neck & a lump on his brow: uncontrolled diabetes. Oh Dear(tm). Comes back with diabetes controlled: cyst removed on brow, lipoma removed from neck. Woman with a seborrheic keratosis: duly removed. Woman with vitiligo.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2023, 21:41.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and bright out. However rain is forecast from lunchtime onwards. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer up a bit to 1014 mBar.

Lazy morning so far. Now contemplating what to pack. It's apparently going to reach 27+ in New York later this week

Comment

Morning standup is done, which means I can now concentrate on the important matter of deciding what to have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Got to ask what spec of Air did you get - take it 16gb and at least 512gb drive (because the lower spec ones are now slower than the M1 versions).
                    M2, maxed out with 24GB of memory and 2TB SSD

With the usual vast number of Safari tabs, and Xcode with three or four SwiftUI projects open with running iPhone simulator previews, it's cruising along at about 15GB memory in use. Should be enough for a while

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      M2, maxed out with 24GB of memory and 2TB SSD

That's years elapsed since 640k was enough for anyone. .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2023, 10:28.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X