• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Damp from much overnight rain and more rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Will be interested to see if BA's shonky IT properly acknowledges the covid documents I've just uploaded for our trip to NY tomorrow, and thus allows us to check in later today.

Comment

^^^ OM.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Wet.

Sunless.

16.2 deg in here, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.62 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of June 2019 I attended an interview at the passport office to discover if they'd deign to give me a passport, while NF recalled drinking a pint in some anonymous pub in Newport back in 2000.

Happily, despite waking at 05:55, sleep returned until 08:35. Which was good.

Lunch: baked potato (different sort from the previous bag, not so amenable to baking) with cheese and baked beans (new "improved" recipe from Morrisons that reduced the quantity of beans from 51% to 49%), red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on interweb banking & bank branch closures.

The thing about clockmaking on R4 sounds.

The leaky guttering (due to the gutter shifting along from whence the fecker should be) duly put back, and to make sure it stays back a couple of stainless steel woodscrews pressed into use to keep it there.

Downstairs windows cleaned along with the window on the stairs, during which I discovered that yet another double glazed unit has cracked, this one one of the lights in the bay, and it's done a good job of going too.

That's the 3rd one in 6 months, the 4th went about 12 years ago.

It's always the inner pane for some reason.

Tested the downpipe from the gutters to see if it's flowing freely, which it is, having had 4 inches of render and chippings removed from the downpipe last year.

Thunderbolts & lightning, very very frightening, along with a deluge.

Tea: battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Lives of Great Men (all remind us) on R4 with a different presenter. PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E4 BMW 2002 TII that hadn't moved for 17 years. Bought: $7750, total: $21,450, sold: $35k. Diesel down the bores to lube the cylinders up, new drums & discs, replaced master & slave cylinders, mechanical fuel injection refurbed, new bumpers, refurb seats, repainted.

Maigret and the Ghost 1994. S4 E1. Curiously we seem to have skipped S3 E3 for some reason. Set in Finland. There was a Rover P4 at one point. Instead of those old Citroens our hero was driven around in a 1950s Volvo (looks to be the one before the Amazon).
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2023, 22:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls, as I'd finally got around to going to M&S to get some of the specific sausages I prefer for that purpose

Turned rather sunny and Simpsonesque here now, though it was supposed to rain

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          …while NF recalled drinking a pint in some anonymous pub in Newport back in 2000.
          That must have been almost exactly 23 years ago as it was a day or two after the ILOVEYOU Word virus had caused a lot of fuss, and the anniversary of that was just a few days ago

Comment

The rain arrived, though the thunder and lightning stayed away to the south, so it's now a gloomy, grey, damp day

Comment

Thunderbolts and lightning... oh, and rain.

But at lunchtime it was only spitting so I went to the local builders merchant to pick up a dozen "dense concrete blocks". The guy in the yard wanted to talk to me about The Toy and said he'd always wanted an Alfa because you're not a proper driver until you've had one (his words, not mine). He blamed his wife for him not having one yet, but almost got punched when he said mine looked a bit like a Porsche.

Now the rain is getting heavier and I think it's about time to shut down.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shepherd's (or cottage) pie for tea

It brightened up for a bit and although it's now fairly cloudy again, it's not the mega gloomy stuff we had earlier

Comment

And now strawberries with chocolate and hazelnut ice cream. Delicious

Comment

Work was done at 6pm. I then went to Tesco to pick up some naan bread to have with some left over curry that we'll be having for dinner.

BA IT did not let me down and we are checked in for our holiday.

There has been much rain and some thunderous rumblings but no lightening from my vantage point.

Comment

Why is it every time I see the OXO tower I giggle?

Anyway very disappointed because there was no thunder and lightning just rain drops falling on my head...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X