• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: a roast shoulder of lamb dinner. Very nice indeed

Good big shoulder too (over 4lbs) so there should be plenty of scouse and/or Scotch broth to come

Comment

Running my occasional flying blue lounges of the world review

Guadeloupe - definitely in France as champagne is available - seats are the easy to transport in bulk kind but comfortable enough for an hour or so.

shame the flight looks to be delayed an hour so we are here for 2 hours plus
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There was the usual Canadian borders and New Zealand cops stuff on, but other than that (and putting up hooks, and cooking a roast) I largely continued reading qntm's Fine Structure

And later, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday tomorrow, but at least it's a short week

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There was the usual Canadian borders and New Zealand cops stuff on, but other than that (and putting up hooks, and cooking a roast) I largely continued reading qntm's Fine Structure

And later, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday tomorrow, but at least it's a short week

Goodnight all
          Longer for you than me - I’m only in Tuesday to Thursday assuming Air France don’t do their usual trick and cancel the cdg to Newcastle flight
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc, but a bit chilly out.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but not very warm at 3°C; should be up to 12° by mid-afternoon. The barometers have crept up a bit further at 1020/1028mB

A fairly mediocre night's sleep was had

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Longer for you than me - I’m only in Tuesday to Thursday assuming Air France don’t do their usual trick and cancel the cdg to Newcastle flight
                Tuesday to Thursday is the ideal working week - well, other than the one involving no working days at all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with occasional patches of sky. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Cloud cover due to dissipate as the day progresses. Barometer up up to 1028 mBar.

Yesterday I took Mum up to the big Tesco for a wander around. Then I got her out in the garden by mowing the back lawn for her. She only did some sweeping up but now the lawn has had it's first cut of the year, I think she'll be more likely to get out there and potter about. Hopefully my brother will do the front lawn (which is bigger and full of fox / cat dirt) I also got her to sign the Health & Welfare LPA, and that's now with my brother to sort out the final signatures. Mum got very agitated about her best friend borrowing a kitchen knife and knife sharpener. She thinks said friend just waltzed in and helped herself, something I know wouldn't have happened. But I suspect she doesn't quite remember the conversation that led to those items being lent and is in all likelihood making up a scenario that covers this up.

Comment

^^^Sounds like my very late grandfather's theory that my now late father was stealing said granfather's flower pots (the latter was a market gardener cum chimney sweep). Very sad.

^^^NF got an OM.

Morning.

Monday.

Sunny.

CBS.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 12.4 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto, 5.6 deg in the salting house.

1027 mBar, 30.317 in Hg, 770.313 Torr, 14.895 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Washing frenzy in progress.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 18th and 19th of May 2019 various films were watched, "The Conversation (1974)", "Grey (2011)" (the Liam Neeson wolf one), and for NF: "The Accountant(2016)", which, it would appear, is somewhat of a favourite. .

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Off to Tesco shortly. The excitement of my life knows few bounds. 34 out & 34 back. Fortunately I walked down to town since the 34 pulled out as the X7 pulled in.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Bad orange this week to match the bad apple from last week.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual tulipe.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing upstairs.

Entertainment during the above: The Infinite Monkey Cage about exercise & suchlike. Made me tired just listening to it.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Phew wot a scorcher. .

Smalls in off the line and airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line, bone dry, with those of the cottons requiring the iRon duly iRoned.

Socks still on the line, once they're in that's it for another week.

The arse is nearly out of the jeans I'm wearing so it's quite refreshingly draughty around the nether regions.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about that Russia place.

I did think of running the mower over the lawns but in the end I really couldn't be arsed.

Tea: the usual crap I eat on a Monday.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S10 E8 1958 Ford Popular 103E sit up & beg Hotrod: bought: £6k, total: £18,250, sold: £23k. One MOT which "expired" back July 2012, now presumably MOT free, taxed until May 2023 so still on the road. Chopped the front of the chassis off to fit a narrowed XJ8 front suspension to cure the rather curious handling characteristics of the existing fitment. . New flip glassfibre front, frenched tail lights and exhaust, led headlamps, sidelights, indicators.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 85%. Feck me.

NCIS S19 E6 "False Start". steroids. track star. murdered coach. Same old same old, but with added bakery goods. I rather miss GibbsGibbsGibbs.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2023, 21:22.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Tuesday to Thursday is the ideal working week - well, other than the one involving no working days at all
                      Also known as 'TWaT'

Comment

Working...
                      X