• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was the leftovers of the sweet and sour pork Cantonese style from the other night. But there was hardly any left over because it was really nice, which left me still hungry. So having managed to get through an hour-long meeting without fainting, I'm now fortifying myself with a cup of coffee and a few digestive biscuits

Comment

As expected, my Mum's levels have stabilised, but they're keeping her in for two or three days just for observation

She recently got one of those things that monitors your readings all the time and records them on some kind of Bluetooth device. Upon inspection of said readings, it turned out her blood sugar levels had been higher than they should have been for a few weeks, but she'd chosen to ignore this on the assumption that the machine must have gone wrong

Comment

New ventures in the culinary arts tonight: chicken scouse!

Very tasty, accompanied by a crust of white bread

And it made a change from making soup with the Big Chicken's remains, though admittedly the process is almost completely identical

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car tonight was a 2CV, but I missed its current status because I was in the kitchen by the time they'd put a UK reg on it

And the gold diggers came to the end of their season.

Then later, a new gold diggers, in which a new team started as they will presumably carry on: with mechanical problems

And so to read some more of Ra, and now for an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Greyish start out, but already with indications of the sun breaking through, though it's also expected to get a bit breezy towards lunchtime. Currently 7°C and maybe getting as high as 14° this afternoon, and the barometers are up a bit more at 1019/1027mB

I had quite a decent night's sleep. Towards waking, I had a dream involving the front lawn, in which it appeared they were constructing a pond over on the far side. No sign of this happening in reality though; just a couple of pigeons over there, looking around for breakfast

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Today's dream seemed to involve the need to record something whilst visiting a hospital then driving back in the ?Granada?, parking in the carport, then discovering the engine wouldn't turn off due to some curiosity with the key. Once it turned off I woke up. No idea what or why I was attempting to record something but there you go. It seemed to involve HD, vhs recorders, and other such exotica. But at least it didn't involve working at some indeterminate tuliphole or other, which was good.

Sunny.

CBS.

Breezy.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto, 9 deg in the saltinghouse.

1025.5 mBar, 14.8736 in Hg, 769.188 Torr, 14.873 psi, (up from 1024 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of May 2019 it was raining on NF, chilly in Cheshire, and a bank holiday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

It's a bit sunny out there.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine, warm it ain't.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & awaiting meeting the iRon.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about holiday homes. Wish I'd bought great Aunt's house in Porthleven. £6k in 1980 something late 1970s. . £250k now. .

I wonder why I didn't post at all for the week leading up to redundancy. .

Can't have been that busy.

Shirts roughly iRoned along with those of the cotton that were ready for iRoning.

Remainder of the stuff that wants iRoning iRoned.

Smalls in off the line.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered haddock, a red corner yog, some pear halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E5 Maserati 3200 GT V8 thing: bought: £7k, total: £8632, sold: £12,300. £400 on new throttle sender pots, refurbished throttle body pots. Fettling the aircon. Work on the rattly suspension. SORN. MOT out end of Jan 21.

Maigret's Patience S3 E3. Gosh. Shades of ultraviolence in that one. Rather good.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 April 2023, 08:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                  Strange weather out - it's a bit misty in the valley, there's heavy dark rain clouds over head, but blue skies and sunshine around and it really doesn't feel like rain.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with bits of wispy fluff. Light breeze. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 13 expected. Cloud cover due to increase as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Woke around 5am, no idea why. I think there might have been some racket out on the street. Woke again a while later and was feeling very light sensitive which then lead onto a rather nasty headache.

Comment

Someone is being arsey and trying to pin an issue on my team by claiming we did XYZ in December even though our only releases were in November and March.

However, it's an annoying issue and it's not exactly difficult so I've quietly done it in my lunch break and will throw it to them to deploy some point next week.

Purely because it will allow me to say it take a grand total of 10 minutes so wtf haven't you done it in the last month - and you've wasted more time trying to get me to do your job for you than it would have taken you to do it in the first place.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X