• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some towels are in the wash

Meanwhile, out the front, the chap who mows the big lawn (and probably all the small lawns too) is here, mowing the big lawn. Looks like rain though; not sure if this will affect the mowing.

Comment

Popped round to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription, which I know was sent yesterday afternoon after the review phone call with the surgery. It wasn't ready

They did have it to hand in their to-do pile though, so they must do them later in the day, and maybe don't check for more in the evening. At least I know to allow a couple of days now

And when they asked me the first line of my address before handing it over, I started rattling off the old one

A few spots of rain on the way back, but nothing more than that so far. And the lawns are done, so now we have to wait and see if the local wildlife approves.

Comment

And when they asked me the first line of my address before handing it over, I started rattling off the old one
        I've typed in my old car registration number before.

PS Got the new Viz?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Meeting cancelled earlier, so first batch of rhubarb & ginger (with gin) jam is made.
          The raised beds (from Solway Recycling) have arrived, so I need to construct them.
          By the time they are done, the bread should have proved and be ready for the oven.

Nice evening for it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

PS Got the new Viz?
            Not yet! Off to Sainsbury's tomorrow

I ought to subscribe really, now I have a letterbox of my own

Comment

Spag bol for tea; delicious

Comment

Two raised beds constructed, but I need to level the ground off before putting them in. That can be a job for tomorrow.
                Bread made, looking good.

Friday tomorrow

TFBSZ

Comment

This evening's car was a repeated Porsche 993; SORN, MOT expired January 2021. And some of the gold diggers reached, or are close to reaching, satisfactory conclusions to their seasons.

Later: S1E2 of The Last of Us. It's very good as dystopias go

And finally some more of Ra

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Still ‘kin awake.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, with a high (100%) likelihood of drizzle in the next hour, then off and on throughout the day (30-60%) and into the night. Currently 4°C, maybe reaching 10° by early afternoon, and the barometers are up a little more at 991/999mB

Quite a decent night's sleep this time, allowing me to wake a little earlier

My back is complaining about how I slept, though. In fact, examination of my mattress since the move has revealed that it's sagging, despite only being (*checks email receipt*) seven years old. But I see it was only about £350, and searching suggests that isn't too bad a lifespan for a moderately-priced mattress. I think the root of its problem is that the old bed frame had a pronounced sag, and spending most of its life on there means the mattress has developed one too

Anyway, I think I'll start looking around for a new one; there's no point getting a decent night's sleep if the result is that I wake up with a stiff back from sleeping in a pocket-sprung ravine

Comment

Working...
                      X