• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh but now I must!
    My kitchen tap is over 10 years old, a bit knackered and has started leaking. After doing a bit of research I had a plumber come and have a look at the jobs I wanted done. As part as the jobs he's going to change the tap. I could do it myself but there are lots of complaints online about how people have had to stop in the middle of changing various taps and go to get extra parts.

Anyway I ordered a branded replacement from of those trade tools, accessories and hardware products retailers found on industrial retail sites early afternoon two days ago. Then yesterday evening about 6:20pm I went on a 30 minute walk to pick it up instead of doing a 6 minute drive. The shop assistant who handed my order to my was as surprised as I was that it was in a box with dimensions 58cm * 38cm * 8cm. As it was larger than I though it would be, I then walked back before walking to the supermarket. So I had to do two trips rather than one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky, no cloud visible from my vantage point. No breeze. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 28 forecast . Barometer steady at 1017 mBar.

Tired again.

The remainder of the bed linen is in the WM and will go out on the line in between meetings.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Dry.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg, 19.5 deg in the leanto, 18.5 deg in the salting house.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, 757.2 Torr, 14.64 psi, (unchanged), 68% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 25th of June 2019 stuff went on, I moved some building sand from one place to another, and found a newt, NF's friend didn't have his appendix out, while LM's permie spent hours attempting to get a deal on a new batphone.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons something toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Fecking washing line broke. Cottons pegged out on the lower line.

Entertainment: Archive Hour: last man on earth episode.

Never heard of this one:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_last_man_on_earth/

Galton & Simpson. Bit of a change there then.

Shirts & tshirts duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Those of the cottons that were dry enough duly iRoned & airing over the banisters.

Entertainment during the above: TWATO followed by the IT thing at 13:45 "big data" followed by The Infinite Monkey Cage S7: the one about artificial life.

Next: once the towels are dry then change the fecking washing line again.

Towels dry (that was quick), in off the line & airing over the banisters.

Washing line (failed) replaced with washing line (new).

The old washing line should "come in handy" as a replacement pullcord for the petrol lawn mower.

Strewth it's a bit warm out there. Almost hot enough to boil a monkey's bum.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E10: the one with the crane & the two portable buildings in a scrapyard being changed over next to a 11kV powerline. Rory towing an artic cab.

Tea: soup & rice thing, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. the was amazingly strong in this one. .

Joy of Painting. . not so much in this one: the 100th episode: he thanks his wife, and then the Kowalskis. I wonder if he felt as grateful to the latter on his deathbed 10 years later when they proved to be ever such good friends, not.

Her War, Her Story: WWII including ladies who codebroke Uboat Enigma.

Dial 999 E18 "Rolling Racketeers". Harry Tawb and Andrew Sachs in this one. Not sure that was Andrew Sachs but there you go.

WWII in Color: E10 of 10: the great Marianas Turkey Shoot.

Am Dro. Penarth to Sully Island. Glynhedynog, Ferndale. Denbigh Eglws Wen to the castle. Furnace, Dovey Valley (no not Llanelli).
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2023, 12:24.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I forgot to say "Morning!"

Today's high is suppose to be 28 degrees and it is currently 21 degrees. I need to go out and water - well feed plants in the garden - now.

Clothes in the wm. Tomorrow there should be storms

Comment

Mornin'.

Cool, damp, and breezy.

Having tried three replacement batteries already this morning I will have to admit that the smote detector is fecked... just as well that I have a set of new ones that have been sitting in a box in the loft since August waiting for me to put them up.

Nice surprise on the telly box last night when the final episode of "Deadloch" landed early. Very good. Would recommend for the creative swearing alone.

Still no sign of the final episode of 8 of "Cypher". A quick Google would suggest that it's either combined into S1.E7 or actually S2.E1 (due around October-ish). I might try to forget about the whole thing; life's just too short of this kind of rubbish. Would not recommend unless desperate for something to fill an evening.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Bed linen has been washed and hung out in the gaps between meetings. Turns out I can dash down the stairs, hang a duvet and a fitted sheet on the line and reload the WM, and dash back up the stairs again in under 3 minutes.

Just popped out the back to see how drying is getting on, and it's all dry. Will leave it out there a little while longer as I CBA to bring it in and fold it up just yet.

Comment

has erveryone got really small washing machines? 3/4 loads per week for One person???

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
                  has erveryone got really small washing machines? 3/4 loads per week for One person???
                  No, bed linen can take 2/3 loads as king size sheets take up room and I do the pillow protectors as well as the covers. Plus there's the mattress cover that needs doing every other wash (gets aired in between times). Clothes I do a full load every 10 days or so.

Comment

I had a lot of meetings booked this morning, but most of them ended up being very brief. The thing we're working on affects a lot teams in the department, so these meetings tend to involve them anxiously saying "We need {some aspect of their process} to work the same way" and we say "Yes, it will" and they go away happy within ten minutes, having booked the meeting for an hour

So at lunchtime, I was off to Big Sainsbury's. As usual nowadays, I was the only one with a mask

And so lunch was a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter, with a bag of crisps (supplied separately)

Very sunny and warm here now, but the windows are letting a nice light breeze through the place so it's not at all unpleasant within

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      So at lunchtime, I was off to Big Sainsbury's. As usual nowadays, I was the only one with a mask
                      Well it is about 28 degrees C in London.

The only people I see with masks are care workers going into some people's home.

Comment

Working...
                      X