• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ll1 yesterday. Free weekend. Not sure if to give up on ll3. Maybe I could wear my earmuffs. Neighbour's cat sneaked into my house again. Seems very friendly today, wants me to keep stroking it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast with a hint of damp in the air. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. No sunshine forecast but also no rain either. Barometer up a touch to 1022 mBar.

I awoke of my own accord at about 8am and then sat in bed reading for a while until getting up a couple of hours later. I then cleared the back garden of yesterday's efforts and fortunately it all fitted in the garden waste wheelie bin. It doesn't get collected until a week Tuesday but it can take a bit more with some squashing down should I opt to have a go at the weeds in the front garden.

That task won't be happening today on account of me meeting friends this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm visiting my Mum so it'll be done in a random hour or so in the week as a break from the working day or next weekend.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy day again, but no rain; the conifers have a bit of a shimmy on so I assume it's breezy. Currently 13°C which is today's high, and the barometers are up a bit at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Lunch: a sausage cob (red sauce) and a bacon cob (no sauce)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Read a little of "The Penguin complete Saki" of which I have the required two copies. I don't think I'll be reading much more of it, which is odd since I recall being quite impressed back in the distant past.
            He was an old boy of my school so his name (H. H. Munro) appeared on the walls of the Memorial Hall in the list of those who died in WWI

Comment

I decided not to take anything away today, so tea has been beef & Guinness stew with a few bits of seedy bloomer

Comment

Tfbsz
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's viewing involved Australian wildlife in the afternoon, including Tasmanian devils, which then segued into the umpteenth repeats of the usual police programmes.

And later, I couldn't think of anything I felt like watching, so I read more about Octavia & co.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Largely cloudy out but with enough in the way of blue gaps that it couldn't be said to be gloomy. Currently 8°C with 12° due later, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Working...
                      X