• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans

The car earlier was a Bond Bug; taxed until September

And various teams of gold diggers had successful ends to their seasons

Comment

Finally got around to registering with a nearby GP. Not sure why the form asks lots of questions about pre-existing conditions, medication, and so on; won't all that stuff be in the medical records they get from my existing practice?

At least having an NHS login set up during the height of the ongoing pandemic finally paid off, as I didn't have to enter my NHS number. Though I only found that out after I'd been and got a document that contained it, as I can never remember it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Finally got around to registering with a nearby GP.
        I decided to go with that surgery because virtually all the negative Google reviews were complaints about having to use their online system to request appointments and so on, all clearly from people who prefer to talk to somebody on the phone and get confused by websites with forms (other than Facebook, I assume). As far as I'm concerned, a practice that does as much as possible online and only gets the phone involved as a last resort sounds ideal

Plus it's a nice walk by the park to get there

Comment

Current score : Shrews 4, Mice 10

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was one of those that isn't a premiere but it's been so many decades since I last saw it that it might as well be: Superman (1978) which is very good indeed for its time, and all the better for being in widescreen 4K with Dolby Atmos sound

And then a rewatch of The Prestige (2006) which I think is one of those that benefits from a rewatch or two or more, because you have more of a handle on how the tricks are being done, which increases one's appreciation of the story. Prestidigitation isn't always easy to follow first time through

Finally, an episode of The West Wing which turned out to be the one with some people advocating for the use of the Peters Projection on world maps, which I strongly agree with even if it does make the parish of Glooston look as much smaller than Rwanda as it actually is

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              One more creature in the trap, and at least one more still up there, according to footage about 3 hours ago.
              Part 2 of marmalade making this morning, then watch a bit of rugby, then it to dinner later.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. The sun might make an appearance. Forgot to the check the barometer before I went out.

Up early for a Saturday to get new tyres fitted on my car. Over in the ever delightful Park Royal area

Comment

Day to meself today after 3 loony lady days in a row. Not sure what to do about ll3, I don't think I can put up with that *** woman anymore. I'll have to post a question in technical.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Grey.

NotSoCold in here at 11.7 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1034 mBar, 30.534 in Hg, 775.56 Torr, 14.9969 psi, (up from 1033 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of April 2019 it was warmish in Manchester, whilst the countdown to this Countdown was ongoing, and NF thought there were hints of rain to come.

Entertainment: no Wheeler Dealers of any innerest this morning or this afternoon. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, though I did see hints of my shadow at one point.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog (feck knows which red it was, mind), 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The News Quiz. Oh how we miss Barry Took.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 87% (and it took some doing to get it back there) running average 85%.

Tea: spag with notsofiery bol, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Humax HD box appears to work ok as long as you don't use the HD output. Very useful. The bits inside are so small as to be effectively invisible.

Entertainment: War Walks: Liverpool. Western Approaches Command. Burned out church. Blitz.

Simon & Garfunkel: The harmony game. BOTW.

The Bad Skin Clinic S1 E7: hadn't seen this one before: chap with a large lipoma on the top of his back, dr wondered if it was a sarcoma but the biopsy came back negative: it was a spindle cell lipoma and took an entire hour to remove, chap with a couple of simple cysts on his head, a trans lady who had rather a fine beard: laser hair removal, a young lady with acne: cured with the usual tablets, a girl swimmer with hands that didn't like the water: application of some unspecified lotion which fixed the problem.

The Four Just Men: The Beatniques. Blackmailed actress over love letters from a senator.

Ancient Unexplained Files S1 E6: more discovery bollox.

This time about Machu Picchu. Built on the convergence of 3 geological faults. Though quite why is anyone's guess.

The possible comet/meteor air detonation that caused the Younger Dryas and sparked civilisation.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-60867-w

The Jersey coin horde: rather more impressive that oak island nutjobs' wood collection.

Gladiator skeletons found buried in a Roman graveyard near York. Rather unbolloxy bollox really.

Now "Ghosts of Stonehenge".
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2023, 23:06.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Day to meself today after 3 loony lady days in a row. Not sure what to do about ll3, I don't think I can put up with that *** woman anymore. I'll have to post a question in technical.
                      Carpet roll, dead of night and an empty quarry?
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X