• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but with decent patches of blue poking through. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer down a bit to 1015 mBar.

Was awake early and ended up putting a load in the WM. That's just finished so I may as well do the smalls and tops to empty the basket.

Off to the parentals today. Having to get the LPA forms re-signed because (a) I forgot to get my parent's signatures witnessed and (b) the forms disappeared in the post when I sent it all to my brother to get the witness signatures.

Is it resigned or re-signed? It looks like resigned without the hyphen

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Cloudy but with decent patches of blue poking through. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer down a bit to 1015 mBar.

Was awake early and ended up putting a load in the WM. That's just finished so I may as well do the smalls and tops to empty the basket.

Off to the parentals today. Having to get the LPA forms re-signed because (a) I forgot to get my parent's signatures witnessed and (b) the forms disappeared in the post when I sent it all to my brother to get the witness signatures.

Is it resigned or re-signed? It looks like resigned without the hyphen
            I think you are resigned to visiting your parents to get the forms re-signed.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When I'm not driving I put my dashcam on the floor to keep it out of the sun. Forgot to put it back yesterday when went out with loony lady 1. Cor! Think I've got some upskirt footage!

PS Seriously, why do blokes do this upskirt stuff? What are they ever going to see apart from a shadowy bit of thigh?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 21.4 deg.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.93733 Torr, 14.656 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 69% RH.

Sunday.

Woke at 04:33 this morning. The final dream involved drones of some kind forming a shield in the atmosphere preventing sunlight from reaching the ground.

BH just went <click> again with Paddy exceeding my limited tolerance for bulltulip.

Meanwhile back in 5th December 2018 WTFH was ordering booze, NF was enjoying Yet More Dentistry, and would have been better off if I'd got off the X55 in town despite the rain.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine & hints of drizzle.

25L empty container of "acid free wheel cleaner" found & brought home In Case It Comes In Handy.

Lunch in the penury of retirement: baked potato with cheese and baked beans (Morrisons, 4 for £1.45), bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, a yellow corner yog (reduced to £2 last week), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: forgot about Dan Do again, thusly: The Food Programme, followed by TWTW, then went <click> when the people talking to each other thing came on.

Freecell score: 95%, running average 85%.

Spent some of the afternoon Making A Thing after a sudden rush of blood to the head.

The thing in question is a Field Mill.

I remembered I had a little pcb drilly thing that would be ideal for spinning the vanes so spent a couple of hours making the vanes out of thick aluminium foil (2nd hand) and a bit of pcb for the sensing part.

Cut the protective fllm on the pcb to roughly the right shape, exposed it in the UV box, developed it with some cotton buds & developer, then etched it in the etch tank, the first time that's been used in 3 years and 2.5 months.

The electronicky bit will happen later.

Tea: meatballs (Morrisons, chicken, el cheapo) with rice n peas, a yog, some peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The Spying Game" on PBS, all three eps of it, mostly about the needful doings of The Control Commission in post war Germany and a fine selection of spies, both theirs & ours .

Alias S5 E3 "The Shed": Amy Acker guest starring, well there's a thing, after Angel & before Dollhouse & Person of Interest. Another poor dupe is found who thinks she's working for the CIA but is really working for The Naughty People but doesn't know it, this being the entire original plot of S1 & 2 of Alias.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2022, 23:06.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Arm in sling, left hand swollen, most likely due to a bite. Only light gardening for me today

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Afternoon all

Arm in sling, left hand swollen, most likely due to a bite. Only light gardening for me today
                    Light gardening done for the day, as left hand is now a bit red and swelling increasing. Have been instructed to take the dog for a short walk then to stay inside with my hand above my heart.
                    I’ve also been told to take off my wedding ring and watch “while you still can”

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Light gardening done for the day, as left hand is now a bit red and swelling increasing. Have been instructed to take the dog for a short walk then to stay inside with my hand above my heart.
                      I’ve also been told to take off my wedding ring and watch “while you still can”
                      Only 40 hours or so to wait for the ambulance then. .
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X