• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was an Audi TT. Currently SORN, last MOT in the summer of 2020 IIRC, so probably another Covid victim

Then a NEW! Police Interceptors whilst dining, though I didn't watch it all the way through.

And tonight's major motion picture, in memory of Wolfgang Petersen, was Air Force One (1997). Cracking stuff! I didn't even realise the first few times I watched it that it was directed by the same guy as Das Boot, but they're quite similar in many ways: tense situations in a long tubular structure; one in the ocean, one in the air

Early(ish) night now as tomorrow I head south for a family gathering, to wit, a barbecue

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 16°C and expected to reach 23° later, but also expected a bit cloudier with even a 50% chance of showers around lunchtime. Barometers are vaguely up at 1008/1016mB

But it's looking it'll stay a bit sunnier and slightly warmer with no rain to the south, where I'm heading later for a barbecue with the family

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Cooler in here at 21.2 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (unchanged), 69% RH.

Saturday.

Freecell score: 75%, running average 85%. Definitely not in the zone at the moment.

Meanwhile back in 4th December 2018, NF had discovered tables in the forum, his bottle of Windolene(tm) had split, and the locks next door had been changed after the builder went bust.

Walke (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & semigale.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly on toast, marmalade on toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers: the Lotus Elise one I've seen before.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E7 Jaguar XK8 (?98?). Magic Engine decoking machine. Adding £5k (retail, new, £2k s/h) XKR discs & calipers.

Wheeler Dealers S5 E2 Lotus Esprit (sans MOT). Feck me what a lovely vehicle to work on, not. Engine out to change the timing belt & the exhaust manifold. Another car I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Exported to Gib.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E1 Jaguar E Type V12. I remember a british racing green example on saie in Swansea for £1800 back in the dear dead days beyond recall of the oil crisis of 1974 or 75ish. In those days there were 2nd hand car lots all over the place in Swansea on the unredeveloped bomb sites that were still there 30 years after the Luftwaffe.

So you can get part panels for that enormous bonnet. Stone me. £600 (back in 2011) for bottom scoop bit that hits all those fecking speed bumps.

That, & 12mpg, sort of puts one off a bit.

Lovely looking car though. MOT expired 10th August 2018.

Tea: very fiery bol with spag, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: UFO bollox on Blaze, each ep crazier than the last: particular favourite: the Mayan Calendar end of the world thing.

Alias S5 E2 "...1...": now that's an odd title. . Mad as a box of frogs. I'd forgotten that Jennifer Garner was expecting during much of S5.

Freecell score: 95%, running average 85% (84.86%).

The thing about Top of the Pops on 5. They didn't mention the kiddie fiddling necrophiliac until the last 3 minutes.

Pan's People & Legs & Co. There was another group between the two that I've never heard of.

In other news, just had a brief torrential downpour, quite heavy judging by the racket on the leanto roof heard through the closed living room door.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 August 2022, 22:44.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all,

EGFF 20 0820Z AUTO 25014KT 9999 SCT017 SCT046 CB 18/14 Q1018

Wind 250 at 14 kts
            Vis 10km or more
            Clouds Scattered at 1700ft and 4600ft
            Cumulonimbus
            Temp 18 Dew pt 14
            Pressure 1018HPa

Had originally planned to take my wife flying for the first time today but it's a bit cumulonimbusy for that to happen. So instead it's off to the butchers to procure my own bodyweight in meat ahead of family BBQ tomorrow (weather permitting obvs)

Comment

Morning all

When I got up about an hour ago there was blue sky with wisps of cloud. Now there's more lumpy fluff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer up a bit to 1016 mBar.

This morning I unusually felt hungry on getting up so a couple of boiled eggs, toast and orange has been had. Now deciding what to do with the day. There's a delivery coming later this afternoon that I'll need to be home for but, as it can be tracked, I don't need to stay in all day for it.

Comment

Bed was stripped and the laundry laundered.

Clouds have been coming and going, some looking ominously grey, so I'm not sure whether to put it all outside when it finishes. I'll probably chance it outside

Comment

My punt on the weather has so far paid off as it's gotten sunnier with a nice breeze - perfect drying weather.

I have therefore put some towels in the WM too.

Comment

Home again after the journey south and back again

Barbecue was very good, weather was just right, the various sectors of the family were all well

Comment

For the avoidance of doubt: I will not be going to the Chinese this evening. I've had about three days' worth of food this afternoon, including copious quantities of raspberry pavlova and a large piece of a large birthday cake. Consuming a further meal would not only be unnecessary, but probably inadvisable

If I feel a bit peckish later I might have a bag of crisps, maybe even a sandwich; but no more

Comment

Working...
                      X