• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    And very nice it was

Not at all nice out, though. Officially 2°C, but the wind is making it feel like -4°. If I'd realised how grotty it was, I'd have taken a scarf and gloves

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Trying to work but an SQL query has taken nearly an hour so far and I'm bored.
      Drop table…
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Drop table…
        DROP TABLE *.* should do the trick

(N.B. SQL may not be valid because, for obvious reasons, I've never tried doing that )

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Core (2003), which I believe is widely reviled as a Really Bad Film. But it's no worse than others of its kind, IMHO. Same crap as astronauts blowing up a comet and what have you. Which is not to say it's a good film, but it's a good enough example of its ilk and I quite enjoyed it, though I'm not sure that I'd bother to watch it again

And then rewatches of some stuff that is really good. I should have just rewatched that and saved a couple of hours, but at least I can now offer an informed opinion

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold at 13 deg in here and 3.7 deg in the salting house.

1009 mBar, 29.795 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 63% RH.

Sunday apparently.

Chopped up bush taken down the garden to await the bonfire experience.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Another two litres of Southern Comfort purchased.

Speaking as we weren't of computing accidents, I well remember overwriting the Borland linker at one place*. Had to bring one in from home to replace it.

*The box had one of those dos command line extender things which led to an unfortunate accident. That got uninstalled & a batch file got written, the way it should have been in the first place.

Lunch: Mr Brains' faggots x3, some sausage x2, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Even remembered the roasties and onion.

The black cat was missing for a couple of days & reappeared this morning with a cone around his/her/its neck, looking rather miserable & irritated.

Bucked up a bit when I gave it some munchies.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the chill. Rain started just as I returned.

Tea: Heinz baked beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt oat & barley loaf toasted crust, 2x bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Weatherman Walking in north Wales around lead mines.

Doctor Who E5: Flux.

Ancient Aliens on Blaze: more ancient alien bollox, with much about the Book of Enoch, Noah, and the nephilim.

"The War" on PBS.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2021, 22:03.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            calm here with barely a wisp of a breeze. The pond has frozen over.

today is going to be spent doing roof repairs and getting a couple of tonnes of horsesh… manure loaded onto a trailer for our rose bed.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry, windy. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -1) with a high of 4 this afternoon. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses but unlikely to encounter any precipitation. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

No tables were dropped in the course of doing my work yesterday. I purposely use a read-only log in, just in case

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
              Playwright and poet William Shakespeare marries Anne Hathaway 1582, and

John Lennon's last major concert appearance in Madison Square Garden with Elton John 1974

Comment

Finally got round to putting seed and peanuts out for little birdies now it's cold. Only took a few minutes before they noticed.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ocado have been. Poor driver got messed around by one customer who had moved house, didn't change it in her account, yet still expected him to deliver.

Laundry on.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's snowing!

Proper big flakes and all, and plenty of them. Looks positively scenic, though I don't suppose it'll settle much. Currently 2°C, and the barometers are up a bit at 999/1007mB

Comment

Parentals phoned.

Laundry out.

GBBO final watched.

More laundry in.

MasterChef Professionals now being caught up on.

Comment

Working...
                      X