• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And further entertainment has been an episode of The Repair Shop

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer out, chilly in here at 13.5 deg.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 63% RH.

Tuesday.

Trip to the post office to buy TV Times which I note has gone up 20p for Xmas. Goodness knows how much the Radio Times is now the Kr Hu Germans own it.

Followed by a trip to town to buy Yet More Socks from M&S to ensure I don't have to do this again for at least 2 years.

Looked in Boots for nail scissors and couldn't find any.

Wilko for 5kg of birdseed to keep the jackdaws happy, plus a Big Thermometer to hang outside the window so I can report the outside temperature as well.

Walk (abbreviated due to the prior trek to town) walked in the drizzle.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt oat & barley bread (getting really stale), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: any 5.56 in this I wonder? The usual Indonesian scumbag fishermen killing sharks for their fins.

The spare roll of roofing felt is on its way back to B&Q this afternoon.

Duly done, replaced with some 2ndary glazing plastic film stuff, or in this case, tertiary glazing.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jack Lemon.

Quantum Leap S2 E19 "Jumping without a net".

Joy of Painting: one with his son rather than Bob himself. Disappointing.

NCIS LA S10 E5 "Pro Se".

Pissing down now.

The Rookie S1 E11 "Redwood".

The Bad Skin Clinic S3 E8: pyoderma gangrenosa: feck me that's horrid, yet another lunatic who now has keloids after ear piercing, chap with a lump on the side of his knee: removed under GA due to changes at its centre.

The unfortunate ulcer lady had the horrific experience of the ulcer reaching the artery in her foot causing bleeding that would have pleased Dexter judging by the photos.

The treatment prescribed seems to be helping to heal the ulcers (which she's had for 10 years).

Makes you wonder when someone has to suffer like that for so long and consulting an expert can help so radically.

The keloid kid had them removed.

Chap with rhinophyma.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2021, 22:37.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry, bright, clear sky to start that has since clouded over. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and it might squeak up to 12 in the next hour or two. Rain expected overnight. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

Busy start to the day - haven't stopped since logging on at 0830! That's a whole two hours of work

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
        The world's longest recorded rainbow recorded, lasting 8 hrs 58 mins in Taipei's Yangmingshan mountain range 2017

UNESCO adds Belgian beer to its 'Cultural Heritage List' 2016

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a terrible night's sleep, for some reason. Couldn't drop off for hours, then kept waking up again. Feel rubbish this morning as a result

It's a mildish grey day, with the promised rain having failed to appear, at least in a noticeable form. Currently 11°C which is the high for the day, barometers are down a bit at 1003/1010mB, and there's a fair chance of rain tonight

Comment

Morning all
            Overcast and murky here, but a lot warmer than of late.

Just been on a series of calls that have had me laughing...

Them: That file you sent us is in the wrong format
            Me: It was based on the mapping format we agreed
            Them: Here's an example of a file in the correct mapping format
            Me: That file doesn't match your mapping format
            Them: Here's our mapping format. We highlighted the fields you need to send us, don't send the others
            Me: So am I following your mapping format, or just the highlighted fields?
            Them: Where did you get the mapping format from, it's wrong.
            Me: Hold on, you just said it was right. It's your mapping format, you're sharing your screen.
            Them: Oh, OK. I think we need to change the requirements...

Now I've had to explain to 4 developers that their work was correct, but it needs to be re-done. (WTFH just keeps on billing )
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Popped out to post a letter and move my car one street along so it's closer to my flat. Just as I'd gotten out my car, someone moved theirs from directly outside my building. I was half tempted to move three spaces along the road but decided it was too much hassle.

Fish fingers in the oven for my lunch time sarnie.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Looked in Boots for nail scissors and couldn't find any.

Wilko for 5kg of birdseed to keep the jackdaws happy, plus a Big Thermometer to hang outside the window so I can report the outside temperature as well.
                Wilko used to sell nail scissors?

Comment

I splashed out on these Japanese nail clippers a while back, and they're amazingly good: Takuminowaza High Quality Nail Clippers

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Wilko used to sell nail scissors?
                    I looked in there but didn't find any other than those suitable for a baby which would probably bend out of shape on my toenails.

Bought some rigger glovers to make up for the disappointment.

Boots had some fearsome nail clippers but there's some of those in here "somewhere or other" (along with the actual nail scissors I've been using for years).
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just sent a long email to our local bobby, the NHW group leader, and our councillor detailing a whole bunch of stuff to do with the drug dealing and prostitution that's been going on out the back (and sometimes even in our back yard) since the locks on the security gates were destroyed.

It's been getting worse for months, but the final straw was when I caught a group of junkies taking too close an interest in the Orion last week and the dealer, having arrived and sorted them out, then stopped on his way back to assure me that he would "make sure" they didn't mess with my car or otherwise get up to anything back there. I'm sure he will, as he has a nice little setup being able to do handovers off the street and away from CCTV. But it so happens that I already pay for a police force to make sure of such things, and for the council to secure the area

Comment

Working...
                      X