• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed linen parts 1 and 2 have been washy washed and are hung about.

Lunch was a portion of the beef, ale and mushroom stuff I'd made in December for a pie but never ended up putting into a pie. It's more of a casserole consistency so makes for a very warming luncheon on a chilly day.

Now waiting for work to restart.

Comment

Lots of foot traffic outside, all headed away from town. I think there must have been football happening.

Comment

Work has not been forthcoming. It'll start at some point but I'd rather not be slogging away until midnight.

Comment

Late lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread. Delicious and warming

Comment

A small flurry of work activity. After waiting hours, I did my bit in half an hour.

Took the pragmatic approach of saying that that 10 files missing out of the ~5m could be manually moved later this evening.

Further investigation showed that only one was a potential hiccup by the vendor due to boundary date thresholds. The other 9 all have valid reasons for being missed.

Now we wait while migration packages are created and the data imported into SharePoint. Reconciliation work expected to kick off around 9pm.

Comment

Bed has been made, well before bedtime for a change.

Comment

Tea has been sausages, chips and beans; very tasty

The sausages in question are described as "The Meaty One" since Sainsbury's redesigned their TTD sausage packaging, being 97% pork, and I can confirm that they are indeed meaty and flavoursome

Comment

Well that didn't work.

Pre-migration report "this is what we're going to push" contains 94,500 records.

Post-migration report "this is what we pushed" contains 33,127 records.

The vendor didn't think to check a = b they just say it's done, here's the report. Then we have to have a call to discuss what they think went wrong and how long it will take to fix.

Apparently it's going to take a couple of hours to re-push so I have to wait up for that to happen and then see if the new post-migration report contains something closer to the right number.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Well that didn't work.

Pre-migration report "this is what we're going to push" contains 94,500 records.

Post-migration report "this is what we pushed" contains 33,127 records.

The vendor didn't think to check a = b they just say it's done, here's the report. Then we have to have a call to discuss what they think went wrong and how long it will take to fix.

Apparently it's going to take a couple of hours to re-push so I have to wait up for that to happen and then see if the new post-migration report contains something closer to the right number.
                    Has anybody checked that the thing that creates the report is working correctly?

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a full-length The Repair Shop

Then Why Ships Crash, a documentary on iPlayer about the Ever Given and its unfortunate accident in the Suez Canal, with some bits and bobs about other such maritime disasters thrown in. Very interesting, I thought

And finally an Air Crash Investigation into the Singapore Airlines flight that never made it off the ground because the crew accidentally tried to take off on a closed runway that had a bulldozer parked on it

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X