• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No telly besides Ambulance whilst dining, as I continued to read They Thought They Were Free

Can't spot any flies in the kitchen now, though there's no guarantee they aren't hiding somewhere, waiting for the bats to clear off.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      But anyway... TFBSZ

Comment

Morning all

Third night of bad sleep - keep waking up about 0330-0400 which is most definitely not my natural state.

Second coffee being drunk, first meeting done.

There was blue sky and wispy high level cloud then I looked out about an hour ago. Currently 17 degrees, forecast high of 19 with cloud cover increasing. Barometer remains steady at 1014 mBar.

Comment

Morning all
          Nice day out, getting warmer
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, 14°C with 16° defined as our goal for the day, and the odd light shower passing through at the moment

Several flies in the kitchen despite the window having been closed overnight, leading me to suspect that those I saw around the bin last night were emerging therefrom rather than trying to get in, and the rest had been lurking out of sight. I sprayed it down inside with cleaning stuff when I took the bin bag out and left the lid propped open overnight, so I can see the inside is clean enough; no maggots wriggling around or anything. So I'm hoping any further unwanted residents went out to the main bin inside the bag last night

A bit of flapping around with an old catalogue while the coffee was brewing seems to have got the last of the stragglers out of the window

Comment

Morning all

Dark.

White sky.

Dreary.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Bit warmer at 19.2 deg in here, though it reached the dizzying heights of 20 deg yesterday.

Barmometer at 1014.5mBar.

Apparently Wednesday though how one figures that out these days is anyone's guess.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Sometimes the push is stronger than the pull...
                we're part way through a ten year tie-in on our mortgage. Now she's had a chance to think about it, she's suggested that we get through to the end of that and plan it in more detail.
                Knowing her, that will mean three hours on Rightmove, two hours looking at jobs local to that area and then thinking that we're moving in a few months rather than a few years.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

What's this green ring you keep closing?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      What's this green ring you keep closing?
                      Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple (UK)

Comment

Working...
                      X