• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see the new Star Wars fillum with HWMBO last night. Twas good enough entertainment. Went for ramen afterwards which I couldn't finish and so took the remainder home.

Currently poorly but better now than when I woke up for work this morning. After sickly Sunday, I now have tulipty Tuesday. I guess feeling ok yesterday was just lulling me into a false sense of security. Good job I'm "W"FH today.

Timesheets all signed, just need to submit my invoice.

Comment

In the zone a bit today, 94% on Freecell.

Overall average: 82%.

In other news it's still grey, miserable, & wet.

Still

Bored.

Now.

Only 10 days before the library reopens.

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

Refreshed with 1.04 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

And it's still raining.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2019, 13:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Can’t decide what to have for lunch

Comment

Afternoon all
          Nice walk on the beach this morning, now doing work.

The Wife (tm) picked up a (bright) firkin of Palmers 200 yesterday, which I tapped last night. Making the last few mins of work almost bearable.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked, of which 5/8ths was dry, then the deluge returned unbidden.

Once completed and seeing as it was sill in deluge mode, I waited until it slacked off a bit then had a nice bonfire of the accumulated vanities (3 binbags full) to tidy the place up a bit, like.

Memo to self: soggy orange peel burns not, and puts the fire out. <- lots of this.

Oh, and there's some shooting on the marsh.

Presumably wild fowl.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2019, 15:34.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Can’t decide what to have for lunch
              Scotch broth, it turned out, with a thick chunk of wholemeal and a bit of sesame bloomer

Clear blue sky out now, and the sun won’t even set for another five minutes

And Northern Railway have notified me that they’re refunding the whole fare for my journey from Manchester to the Peak District after the CUK do, due to the almost two hour delay

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Scotch broth, it turned out, with a thick chunk of wholemeal and a bit of sesame bloomer

Clear blue sky out now, and the sun won’t even set for another five minutes

And Northern Railway have notified me that they’re refunding the whole fare for my journey from Manchester to the Peak District after the CUK do, due to the almost two hour delay

Comment

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker to collect the very last of the Christmas presents. Suppose I’d better get around to wrapping the damn things at some point

Comment

I'm waiting for HWMBO to go to the shops so I can wrap his presents. He's been tinkering about in the kitchen for the past hour or more prepping dinner.

Comment

Information on some products is rather lacking. Brought some raspberries and it said on the packet "wash before eating" It didn't say what setting I should use on the washing machine, is 40' ok or would 60' be safer?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X