• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all (again) It’s not raining in Dublin today
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First and last trip of the day down to the dump done & dusted.

Veg prepped for Sunday lunch.

Beef today.

Now, having forgotten to buy more milk yesterday, it's time to bugger off out to Tesco & Morrisons.

I must try not to go to Lidl(tm) since the spanner obsession doesn't need feeding.

After which it's time to run the vac over the small percentage of carpet that's still vaguely visible.

Really looking forward to returning to the New Slough of Despond tomorrow.

How the feck I'm going to manage to organise the office is a bit of a mystery.

And, of course, there's the spiel from the curly headed c**t from Camarthen to look forward to on Wednesday.

At a guess we're now in the best possible world.

<hiatus>

Trip to Tesco & Morrisons done.

Weekly rail season bought.

Beef aroasting.

Veg acooking.

Me alistening to "Just a Minute".

And Me asitting down.

<hiatus>

Roast beef for lunch, adequate rather than inspiring.

I feel the lack of attention due to the shopping expedition didn't help a lot.

However, fresh supplies of milk ensure stewed apple & custard for sweet at tea time.

I also finished off the Morrisons pork pie that was festering away gently in the fridge.

And I threw away the jar of mustard, BBE 2016, that looked really unpleasant.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all (again) It’s not raining in Dublin today
      Are Irish eyes asmiling?

Just askin' like.

Begorrah.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2018, 12:55.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny again

Just over 24°C in here at the moment

Comment

More remains of greenhouse and staging dismantled.

It'll have to wait until the end of the week before it goes to meet the skip.

Shower taken, cold of course.

Not that the cold water is currently particularly cold.

Much more bracing in February.

Tea was a Pukka pie (beef) with Heinz(tm) baked beans.

Followed by stewed apple and custard. Yum.

Living the dream, living the dream.

Now having my first mug of tea.

Glengettie of course.

Comment

No Yorkshire puds in the place

Popped over to Sainsbury's Local, where I got the last pack of Aunt Bessie's

Comment

Left hearing aid battery went. Last one lasted a bit over six days, this one has been exactly a week, which is how long they're supposed to last. It lasted about an hour after muttering the "battery low" warning

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It’s not raining in Dublin today
                Well, the sun shone for a couple of hours and I went out to get some fresh air and decent food around 3pm, then the drizzle started around 7pm, as I was waiting for a Luas, which was delayed due to the football final.
                The drizzle stopped when the tram arrived, then turned to rain as I got to the stop near the hotel. At this point I was glad to have taken my laptop with me as I had a brolly in the bag. Still got wet on the walk back.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's entertainment was "A Beautiful Mind" with Russel "Gladiator" Crowe, Ed "John Glenn" Harris, and Jenifer Connelly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268978/

It was ok in a paranoid schizophrenic sort of way.

Took me a while to work out which bits were real.

But I got there in the end.

Comment

Nice Sunday dinner with roast pork

And on a Sunday to boot. Usually I end up making these things on Tuesday or something

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Left hearing aid battery went. Last one lasted a bit over six days, this one has been exactly a week, which is how long they're supposed to last. It lasted about an hour after muttering the "battery low" warning
                      If only we had someone who new what they were doing with electronics around here. They could rig you up some sort of extended battery pack to integrate with your glasses, or something.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X