• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porridge. Poached Eggs. Brown toast. Butter.

Full marks from me.

Comment

Morning all raining here!

It's gentle, mizzly rain, so there might not be much falling, but it is soaking into the ground and not just running off.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First day of my "hols".

Had a lovely night's sleep, it makes a pleasant change.

It's a mere 19.9 deg C in the living room, and the min temp in the laundry room last night was 14.8 deg, currently 15.1.

Pleasantly cool.

Today's first task is a haircut, followed by a little light shopping.

Then I shall attempt to put the linepost up.

I may be some time.

Oh, and it's pleasantly sunny, with some light fluffy clouds.

I feel sure this won't last long.

It'll either be baking hot or torrential downpours shortly.

Most probably when I'm halfway to town.

And here we are; in with the hoi polloi in the library, and lo! it's fecking Lego morning again.

I remember when the reading room was a haven of peace, with elderly gentlemen dozing over The Morning Star or The Grauniad.

And now I'm an myself, the tables have gone to be replaced by easy chairs and a room full of computers, with kids playing with lego in the other bit.

Who'd have thunk it all those years ago.

IIRC 20 years ago there was one pc connected to the interweb & it cost about £2 for an hour of browsing Gisajob.

Turns out that there were no plans to move me & a colleague down to the new building, so if I hadn't asked a question yesterday nothing would have happened & eventually they'd have found my mummified body in my office, still awaiting the moving monkeys.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2018, 09:19.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice and grey out, and the temperature not even breaking 20°C

No rain forecast until tomorrow, though

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            First day of my "hols".
            Happy holiday!

Turns out that there were no plans to move me & a colleague down to the new building, so if I hadn't asked a question yesterday nothing would have happened & eventually they'd have found my mummified body in my office, still awaiting the moving monkeys.

Comment

Still raining here - it's getting heavier.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Trying to tell you something, perhaps?

Comment

It's wrong to ascribe malice when simple incompetence is more understandable.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-sk...r-7219352.html

Managed to get my hair cut after a mere hour and a half wait.

Also realised that I'd been a customer there for 50 years.

Bought the mandatory 2nd hand dvds before wandering to Morrisons and thence back home.

It then started picking with rain but it's stopped now.

This chap has turned up on The Archers recently.

Mr Pointy hasn't though.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu..._B0wEHoECAkQCQ

Lunch turned out to be a five egg scramble.

The eggs were BBE January.

Though 2018.

It was ok, if a little odd.

The added Worcester sauce and chilli spiced it up a bit.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2018, 13:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nice lunch of an M&S crispy breaded chicken fillet, on a wholemeal bap with lashings of tomato ketchup

Trying to decide whether to bother going shopping. It seems like a lot of hassle, but on the other hand it's likely to rain tomorrow, so…

Comment

I came across a couple of letters to the people who live at a similar, but different, address a couple of miles distant. Usually I drop these off when I'm going shopping, as it's barely even a detour to go there.

These, however, arrived last December. Shortly after that, of course, I was off to hospital, and I'd forgotten all about them

And something else came for them a couple of weeks ago, which I've forgotten to take with me whenever I've been down that way.

So I finally got around to making a proper label template that precisely fits the pack of 21-per-A4-sheet labels I bought from Staples years ago in a these-might-come-in-handy spirit, and printed off a sheet of labels requesting redirection to their actual address rather than ours. Now their severely-to-moderately delayed items are safely in the pillar box on the corner, and no longer my problem.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of doing this before as it's loads easier

Comment

Working...
                      X