• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, finally!

The trip back was fine, if not better, until the motorway junction: something causing queues to the north of it, which was having its usual knock-on effect of preventing us getting off the slip road

Still, made it home eventually

Comment

Just heard that a mate of mine dropped dead from a heart attack last night. The guy was only about 45. Crikey, it makes you think.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Just heard that a mate of mine dropped dead from a heart attack last night. The guy was only about 45. Crikey, it makes you think.
        :hugs: (manly)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            +1.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

oh and zentury (for the moment)
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's a couple of chaps who wander past beating a drum and (I think) finger cymbals, chanting or singing or some such, a couple of times a week. They started about three weeks ago. I think, from the timing, that they go as far as the railway bridge before crossing over and heading back on the other side of the road. They aren't wearing robes or anything; look more like ageing hippies.

Anyway, they've just gone past for the second time tonight on their way back to wherever they come from, so that's that over for a few more days
                They've just gone past again, so we can rule out Diwali. They'll be going back in the other direction in five minutes or so

Comment

They've just gone past again, so we can rule out Diwali. They'll be going back in the other direction in five minutes or so
                  They're back. Eight minutes; they must have just missed the lights on the pedestrian crossing down past the railway bridge

Comment

They aren't wearing robes or anything; look more like ageing hippies.
                    Surely they'd look like nudists?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Surely they'd look like nudists?
                      "…or anything out of the ordinary like that"

Comment

Working...
                      X