• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike ride done, last proper one before LEL next weekend.

100 miles with full kit, everything worked, nothing broke and I only lost 1-2mph off my normal pace.

Back home in the warm and dry now as the heavens have opened and it's miserable and cold outside.

Going to make the ride interesting if it stays like this. Time to review the kit list I think.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Originally posted by Bee View Post
      I have a cat with kittens.

I'm lying on the sofa and she brought the kittens and puts them between my legs.
      How old are the kittens?
      Only 12 days.
      She found a nanny while she is playing around the house.

Comment

Sunny here now

Bacon (back, oak and beech smoked) butty (last couple of slices of wholemeal out of the freezer, including one crust) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Sunny here now

Bacon (back, oak and beech smoked) butty (last couple of slices of wholemeal out of the freezer, including one crust) for lunch
          British and the bacon.
          Portuguese and Sardines
          I love this match.

Comment

Settled down to work on a project. Added about three lines, then created an empty test suite just to make sure everything was set up properly.

Wouldn't run because a certain database extension wasn't installed. Installed that, a load of other stuff wasn't good enough for it and had to be updated. Updated the other stuff, the database (Postgresql) wouldn't work with the latest version of that lot. Upgraded the database. Had to Google to work out how to run the database upgrade script to copy all the data across from the previous version, because this happens every few months but I can never remember which option is -d and which is -D and if you get them the wrong way round it destroys everything. Finally got it sorted at about the fifth attempt. Ran empty test suite: success!

That lot's taken about an hour, I've lost all enthusiasm for what I was going to do, and I'm having a rest now

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Fried chicken & champers how dreadfully decadent.

ASTB....
              Fish and Chips and Champagne is a favourite in this house

I can see it going well with fried chicken too.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

In an unusual fit of enthusiasm I've done the Sunday afternoon shop (sans a visit to Lidl), got a saucepan of lentil <pfffft> soup on the stove acooking, washed 1.8 cars (couldn't reach the other 0.2 without getting the ZeitSeicento out of the car port), and finally vacced ZeityTowers.

My shoulders are now agony.

Ho very hum.

It must be said that the cars were filthy and really needed a good clean.

The next one is due 2 hours before the MOT appointment in October.

I'm not very keen on champagne to be honest.

Looks like him next door has got rid of the shed he was driving & has bought a BMW 640 diesel for some odd reason.

Comment

In an unusual fit of enthusiasm I've done the Sunday afternoon shop (sans a visit to Lidl), got a saucepan of lentil <pfffft> soup on the stove acooking, washed 1.8 cars (couldn't reach the other 0.2 without getting the ZeitSeicento out of the car port), and finally vacced ZeityTowers.

Ho very hum.

Looks like him next door has got rid of the shed he was driving & has bought a BMW 640 diesel for some odd reason.
                  My Mum says the same.

However, enjoys the ones I select.

Nothing worse than cheap champagne, unless its an expensive one on offer.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

For ZeitMater's final birthday (or possibly Mother's Day 2016) we got a little bottle of Asti Spumante.

Which she used to like, it being so sweet that you can feel the need for fillings.

Apparently it was "sour".

But there you go, the best laid plans etc.

So I drank what little there was myself.

Comment

Ho very hum.

It was an M&S Rose one, presented to us for a birthday, but it was very pleasant and quite drinkable.

Not a great champagne fan myself but this was good.

I'll try fish & chips next time!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X