• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    quite a depressing place!
    Billingham is quite nice if you ignore the chemical plants that aren't really there anymore...

The town centre is classic 1960's and the housing around is very decent for its era and the market segments it was aimed out. Next door is Wynyard which is very much the top end of the market in the North East... It's also got about the only ice rink left in the north east...

I can easily think of far worse places to live within five miles of there..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon all.

Painful bike ride today, and only 80 miles done.

Regular bike is on the shop for a service and they ran into a problem with the internal cabling. When the frame was built, someone in their wisdom decided that expanding foam was a great way to hold the cable guides in place inside the bottom bracket. The downside being that when you remove the cables the foam is now in the way and you can't re-insert them. So the frame is now back as the place I bought it from to be sorted. Apparently it's not the first time they had this problem.

The upshot of all this is that I was out on the spare bike, which is a heavier cycle-cross / gravel bike with disc brakes and fatter tyres. Also haven't had a proper bike fit done on it and after today I can really tell. 20 miles short of what wanted to do, at a slower pace and back and shoulders are very sore.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Having sat on my arse all morning, I'm now at the station to head up to Reading for a slightly hillier ride than I can get round these parts. Train is late...
        Last edited by mudskipper; 11 September 2016, 12:21.

Comment

Comment

10 mile cycle with baby bp complete

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite Simpsonesque out today

Comment

Sipping on a cognac...
                Join IPSE

Comment

I was thinking about Johnno just the other day: Leicester's oldest punk, 71, gets hitched | Leicester Mercury

Comment

Big news from today - 2 grape vines picked, crushed and pressed, result - 30 litres of liquid showing a potential to produce 9.2% white wine. That's twice as much as we got last year, let's hope the wine tastes as good.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Big news from today - 2 grape vines picked, crushed and pressed, result - 30 litres of liquid showing a potential to produce 9.2% white wine. That's twice as much as we got last year, let's hope the wine tastes as good.

Comment

Working...
                      X