• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that tomorrow the sun will be up before I go to unlock the gate for the bins, unlike last week when it rose (here) just after. In fact, it seems it's rising a full fifteen minutes earlier this week than it did last week

But none of that matters if I'm not up to open the gate, so goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Did you get to visit a state alcohol shop?
      No, we found a bar opposite the hotel that had 22 different local beers on tap and other 200 in bottles. The only "conventional" beer they sold was Guinness on its own pump off in the corner away from the real beers
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          arthouse or brewhouse?
          Gin! Anyone got any experience of making their own?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all TFIF, WFH, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey out

Off to take the Toyota for its MOT

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                TFBSZ Tomorrow i need to research stills.
                Not to mention researching going to gaol and the joy HMRC would get out of sending you thence.

It was a story line on "The Archers" a couple of months ago.

Not to mention "deemed profits" and "deemed production" and "deemed gaol time".

Comment

This morning's entertainment was provided by the giant ratt which ran out from underneath a car outside the combined chippy/chinese restaurant/vet's surgery as I plodded my weary way to the station.

It's unusual to see live food on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    This morning's entertainment was provided by the giant ratt which ran out from underneath a car outside the combined chippy/chinese restaurant/vet's surgery as I plodded my weary way to the station.

It's unusual to see live food on the hoof.

On Calcutta station once, I saw a brazen one the size of a Jack Russell
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The car has been dropped off. Now, we wait…

As the car place is handy for the river, I had planned to go for a walk up the towpath and round the nature reserve to get home. But as I went out to the car it started raining, and a glance at the weather radar indicated that it's going to continue for some time, except getting worse. So I just walked home instead, and stopped at Greggs on the way for a sausage and bacon baguette. Only a mile rather than five or so, but hey, it's exercise

The woman in Greggs commented that it was unusual nowadays for people to ask for "red sauce", leading to a conversation about how it used to be standard to ask for red or brown sauce, and indeed I learned to do so as a customer in the cob shops and greasy spoons of Leicester some thirty years ago; but nowadays, apparently, people ask for "HP" or "ketchup". I blame the Tories, as things are usually their fault

Comment

Working...
                      X