• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So what happened?
    When I'm in the correct mood I will say but not at the moment...

I did teach the PC taking my statement the windows-L shortcut, British Transport Police don't seem to teach them much in the way of those skills....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Need to go back to the BTP police station for 6 to have photos taken by the scenes of crime officer....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        So far this morning I've been taken to work by ambulance and spent an hour giving a victim statement to the police.....

Full details to follow far later when I'm in the mood...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          If you can't get the first sentence down, get a sentence down. Who says you have to start at the beginning? Dive straight in with your arguments, then fill out the fluff later.
          You'll be pleased to know that I further faffed by purchasing Scrivener and watching youtube vids on how to use it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            You'll be pleased to know that I further faffed by purchasing Scrivener and watching youtube vids on how to use it.
            Bartelby, The Scrivener?

Book was good, as was the film. Think it was a book...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Bartelby, The Scrivener?

Scrivener is a writers tool for both writing and managing the plots of books.

A lot of authors swear by it (and remarkable not at it)
              Last edited by eek; 8 September 2016, 16:38.

Comment

At the hotel, on what is a very nice sunny afternoon, without being too hot

And tomorrow's Friday

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  It's training, not procrastination

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Bartelby, The Scrivener?

It's by Herman Melville, him as wrote Moby Dick. (The story's by him, that is; not the film, or the software.)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Tip of the day.

Don't disable the network adapter on a VM.
                      yes does cause some fun, should be able to do it from the management interface.

Best is when the software is bound to the hardware (badly) and the network interface flips. You then have to apply for a new key. POS!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X