• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Night all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

So the last person into the meeting today was the PM. He's a contractor. Arrived 10 minutes late looking like he'd just crawled out of bed. Disappeared after half an hour for a 20 minute cigarette break.
        He couldn't join a conf call at 8am (before coming to the office), claiming his computer wasn't working. He brings it in, the ClientCo manager switches it off and then back on - lo and behold it works.

11.30am, PM is currently on Tinder. Still hasn't plugged his laptop in, so will wait until the battery dies, then claim he can't do any work.

Meanwhile I am tired, bored and not sure the direction the project is going in.

...in other news, last month's invoice has been paid already, so it's not all bad.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rosy-fingered dawn over Sainsbury's Local earlier

Going to be hot later, it seems

I'm feeling a tad better today. The vague grumbling from my guts appears to have subsided for now, and no excessive degree of snottiness has yet manifested itself. Fingers crossed, and so forth

Comment

'Morning.

Still feeling like shit:e today.

But have heard from ms#4 who is visiting textile factories in Bangladesh and she was "pleasantly surprised" by them - so that's good; I'd imagined they'd be grim. Perhaps things really have improved since the building collapse a couple of years back. She's enjoying celebrity status, photographed everywhere she goes. They see very few westerners, and I'm guessing even fewer female ones.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Rosy-fingered dawn over Sainsbury's Local earlier
              Morning Nick, I've had to re-read this post cause I was about to ask who Rosie & Dawn were.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning Nick, I've had to re-read this post cause I was about to ask who Rosie & Dawn were.
                Shall we just say Dawn is usually happy when Rosie is finished and leave it at that
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Shall we just say Dawn is usually happy when Rosie is finished and leave it at that
                  Rosie is an early riser, she's always up at the crack of Dawn.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all btw.

Bright and sunny here, no idea what it was like at dawn, I was still asleep.

WFH today
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X