• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And a big welcome to CUK's newest member, personalloaans

Oops, I meant
    An ominous name indeed.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      BLASPHEMY!
      The secret is out

Obviously, given that these people I visited were in their seventies to nineties (the 104-year-old chap wasn't housebound, and in fact did voluntary work several days a week at the Day Centre), it would have been a Very Bad Idea to go round visiting them all, giving them a cold.

As they were carried off I would have been allocated new people to visit. After about three weeks, the hospitals would have been inundated, and the undertakers would be buying homes in Barbados.

Comment

He (the 104 year old gentleman) was always immaculately turned out in an immaculately pressed suit with a red carnation in his buttonhole, immaculately polished shoes, and had immaculate manners, together with an immaculate white moustache.

He still drove his own car, and brought several people to and from the Day Centre for their lunch a few days a week.
        Last edited by NickFitz; 26 November 2007, 00:26. Reason: Explaining who I'm talking about

Comment

I'm afraid I'm going to have to abandon you. I have been summoned to bed 'cos I've got to get up in the morning to make the tea.

Married life, eh?

G'night!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I wonder if, in 60 years, people will say of me "Yes, he's quite amazing for 104 - his t-shirt's always creased, his jeans need a wash, and he often doesn't bother shaving"

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I'm afraid I'm going to have to abandon you. I have been summoned to bed 'cos I've got to get up in the morning to make the tea.

Married life, eh?

G'night!
              See ya

Comment

I wonder if, in 60 years, people will say of me "Yes, he's quite amazing for 104 - his t-shirt's always creased, his jeans need a wash, and he often doesn't bother shaving"
                If they do, don't forget to say: "But I'm not wearing a t-shirt!"

I'm really off now... bye!

Comment

And then there was one... or was there?

[peers off into the gloomy depths of TPD... is that a figure over there in the shadows... ]

Comment

[peers off into the gloomy depths of TPD... is that a figure over there in the shadows... ]
                    You might have heard my footsteps
                    Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
                    I might have even called your name
                    As I ran searching after something to believe in
                    You might have seen me runnin'
                    Through the long-abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind
                    If you remember something there
                    That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
                    It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
                    Across my dreams with nets of wonder
                    I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

[Instrumental Interlude]
                    Indeed...

Comment

Not sure Bob Lind really captured the romantic spirit with lines like

If you remember something there
                      That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'
                      Sounds more related to stalking than anything else
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 26 November 2007, 00:48. Reason: Capitalisation

Comment

Working...
                      X