• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have had that overqualified cr@p several times. It usually means that the person making the choice is afraid you'll get their job
    Which is silly. What gets me is when the agency refuse to put me forward. I'm perfectly capable of convincing an over-promoted permie that I have no designs over their smelly, routine, underpaid, dull job but will happily cover their bum and do their job for them in exchange for cash.

But it does bug me when big name agencies say, "Nah, I reckon they'll say you're overqualified so I went put you forward."

There has been a couple of shot term Project / Programme Management Office roles I could have done quite happily but for both got told "You've done PM so you can't do PSO." I've also driven a car but it doesn't mean I can't walk.

I had hoped for the chance to show a couple of large, local employers that I could be sh!t hot in a PSO or PMO and so get my foot in the door. Hey ho.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

They would have to chase another thousand posts
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Which is silly. What gets me is when the agency refuse to put me forward. I'm perfectly capable of convincing an over-promoted permie that I have no designs over their smelly, routine, underpaid, dull job but will happily cover their bum and do their job for them in exchange for cash.

But it does bug me when big name agencies say, "Nah, I reckon they'll say you're overqualified so I went put you forward."

There has been a couple of shot term Project / Programme Management Office roles I could have done quite happily but for both got told "You've done PM so you can't do PSO." I've also driven a car but it doesn't mean I can't walk.

I had hoped for the chance to show a couple of large, local employers that I could be sh!t hot in a PSO or PMO and so get my foot in the door. Hey ho.
        Tailor your CV for the roll you are applying for

Comment

Once you have your foot in the door you can give them the full spec if needed

Comment

Might have to go to bed soon, head swimming.
            Turn my head quick and it takes a second for my eyes/senses to catch up

Comment

I think the 31000 barrier should go tonight

Comment

I have office 2007 and still prefer office 98
                I have stalled on Windows ME and Office 97. Two of our desktops came with XP and I upgraded (IMHO) them to Windows ME. They fly!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Just needs a little effort from the night creatures

Comment

I will do what I can to help out before the pills knock me out

Comment

Mind you, I'm running Vista on this system and it has taken me months to get used to it
                      Windows XP strikes me as "Windows for Crayons".

Vista looks like "Windows for Finger Paints".

Comment

Working...
                      X