• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Dow's trademark finest reserve.

PM's manager at ClientCo bought it for me for Christmas. He's new, and obviously had missed the memo which dictates that you ignore contractors. Very sweet of him.
    Not bad.

Tbh, I do prefer the tawny ports or non vintage types.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got a decanter for a wedding present in 1990. First time it's been out its box.

Not a lot in the way of sediment though. Suspect you pay more if you want sediment.

Comment

Not a lot in the way of sediment though. Suspect you pay more if you want sediment.
        My mum got us some curry cooking hot pot thing for Christmas a few years ago - it looks nifty, but we've not got around to it yet. I briefly lied to her about it

You still Park Running? Off out tomorrow for the first one in months!

Comment

Just popped down to the Chinese. Crivens, it's cold out there!

Comment

Use mine all the time. Makes a big difference in reds and some of the bigger tasting whites

You wouldn't have got much sediment with that port.

Only time I've had expensive ones is either at tastings or if someone's bought one as a present.

I prefer Madeira wines to port.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Curry has been delivered and consumed. There's a running whatsapp commentary and abuse chat going on with mates in Dubai and usa.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Curry has been delivered and consumed. There's a running whatsapp commentary and abuse chat going on with mates in Dubai and usa.
                I'm expecting complaints from the Neighbours about my swearing at the TV (walls not very well insulated here, which is why I miss the detached in blighty)

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  My mum got us some curry cooking hot pot thing for Christmas a few years ago - it looks nifty, but we've not got around to it yet. I briefly lied to her about it

You still Park Running? Off out tomorrow for the first one in months!
                  Yep, still plodding along. Bit muddy and horrible at the moment. Settle for just getting round. #117 tomorrow. Should be better at it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Use mine all the time. Makes a big difference in reds and some of the bigger tasting whites

You wouldn't have got much sediment with that port.

Only time I've had expensive ones is either at tastings or if someone's bought one as a present.

I prefer Madeira wines to port.
                    Ours is a typical 80s cut crystal one. Pretty sure you're not supposed to leave wine in them because of lead poisoning. Have poured myself a small glass of port. Think one is going to be enough. Perhaps this is the key to moderation.

Comment

Think one is going to be enough. Perhaps this is the key to moderation.
                      That could be where i have been going wrong these past 2 decades? Interesting theory, keep me informed!

Comment

Working...
                      X