• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Just for cooking? Or eating as well?
    Normally when I'm stressed, I lose my appetite, now I'm in comfort eating mode which is not a good thing, so am really trying to avoid eating lots of tulip and drinking loads of booze.

The pressure really is on for me to find a job as with Mr N's back problem, he's going to lose his.

As he is a permie it will take him forever to find something else, not to mention the possibility of losing the expat tax ruling which means he gets taxed up the ass.

Also with the stupid tax ruling myco has to pay me a proper salary, cloggy tax rules mean you can't do what you do in teh UK and go low on salary and high on dividends.

Have already started putting the feelers out in blighty, so if anyone knows of somewhere looking for a PM and is amenable to parttime WFH let me know.

Am on a serious downer atm.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      You sound a bit like Suity

Aren't there any options in ze Germany? I presume Dusseldorf ain't very far from anywhere in cloggers.

I won't bother asking about France.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Normally when I'm stressed, I lose my appetite, now I'm in comfort eating mode which is not a good thing, so am really trying to avoid eating lots of tulip and drinking loads of booze.

The pressure really is on for me to find a job as with Mr N's back problem, he's going to lose his.

As he is a permie it will take him forever to find something else, not to mention the possibility of losing the expat tax ruling which means he gets taxed up the ass.

Also with the stupid tax ruling myco has to pay me a proper salary, cloggy tax rules mean you can't do what you do in teh UK and go low on salary and high on dividends.

Have already started putting the feelers out in blighty, so if anyone knows of somewhere looking for a PM and is amenable to parttime WFH let me know.

Comment

Manager took me aside to have a "chat".

Current contract ends in April, but the project ends in March apparently.

He asked me if I want to continue to come into work in April or leave by end of March. He is happy to pay me for the whole of April even though there isn't any work

Going on a 2 month motorbike holiday in Europe from May and celebrate my Birthday in Tuscany with a chianti and fava beans

Decisions ... Decisions ....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            You have become an agony aunt, haven't you?!

Comment

You have become an agony aunt, haven't you?!
              TPD is an agony aunt, isn't it?

Comment

Comment

You sound a bit like Suity

Aren't there any options in ze Germany? I presume Dusseldorf ain't very far from anywhere in cloggers.

I won't bother asking about France.
                  Don't you start, at least I'm not crap at my job and feck every contract up. I probably wouldn't be so feckin' miserable if Mr N wasn't seriously ill.

Am looking in Belgium (which is commutable daily) and Germany.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Manager took me aside to have a "chat".

Current contract ends in April, but the project ends in March apparently.

He asked me if I want to continue to come into work in April or leave by end of March. He is happy to pay me for the whole of April even though there isn't any work

Going on a 2 month motorbike holiday in Europe from May and celebrate my Birthday in Tuscany with a chianti and fava beans

Decisions ... Decisions ....
                    Sounds terrible, take the money for April, line a gig up for July and job done!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It is indeed.

Sorry to dump, but it's more Mr N's illness which is not improving at all.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X