• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I see. After a move at the client co 3 months ago, these Mc.Carthy sods left a sticky roller ball mouse at my desk.

A lady from procurement came to claim it the next afternoon. I still cannot figure out what she did to the mouse that made it so sticky!
    Sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Wotchewonabaht?
      It was Bunk's 9000th CUK post, while TF had just hit 31,800

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Tumblr
        Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Oh.

Now I understand.

Ah.

Now you understand.

As you were

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ah, crap. We've got some training thing for four days next week. Just found out it'll run from nine to five. I'll have to take a lunch break whether I want it or not, and there's no chance of avoiding the rush hour either morning or evening
            You seem to have a lot of "training" on this contract. Are you sure you've not turned permie without realising.......
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It was Bunk's 9000th CUK post, while TF had just hit 31,800
              Indeed.

I belatedly realised this.

Has scourer got to 100k yet?

Comment

Well this is fascinating.

After the 2nd years & their group project, the 3rd years came into the lab to do some pic programming.

From the chaos that ensued you'd think they'd never seen MPLAB, a PIC16F84(A), or assembler programming before.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You seem to have a lot of "training" on this contract. Are you sure you've not turned permie without realising.......
                  They're taking a kind of "Year Zero" approach to the whole project management thing. The Agile stuff was necessary so I knew what they're up to (though I've done Agile many times before, they have their own way of doing certain things, as is usually the case). Next week is Chef, which they're using for various things I'll be working on.

So yes, it does feel a bit permified, but I reckon I can justify it in terms of the client having a requirement for me to be au fait with their particular processes and technologies in order to complete the contracted work.

That's my excuse

Comment

Indeed.

I belatedly realised this.

Has scourer got to 100k yet?
                    No and he's a 1000 or so posts down as he's not posted since 31st December....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just under fifty minutes to go…

"It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Comment

Working...
                      X