• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the tip / recycling centre yesterday and had to spend 15 minutes in a queue just to get in to the place - I've never seen more than two or three cars there at the same time before. Must have been everyone throwing away what was left of Christmas. Out with the old!

I wouldn't have minded so much but I only have to go there because some twunks up the street keep nicking my bins from the alley - I used to have four bins and the only one I have left now is the green one. So I collect all my rubbish and take it down to the tip once a fortnight. On the plus side, that means I get rid of it quicker than if I put it in the bin and wait for them to collect it!
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I got mine on the second go. Quite impressed myself
      I wrote mine down in my phone When I logged in it asked me to change it, so I then had to make a note of that one in my phone. Must remember to transfer the note into my new phone when I get it over the next couple of days, now that would be embarrassing...
      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
        I wrote mine down in my phone When I logged in it asked me to change it, so I then had to make a note of that one in my phone. Must remember to transfer the note into my new phone when I get it over the next couple of days, now that would be embarrassing...
        I have one password I use for Clients, everything is a variation of that for example "$system$salt$number/$month" the salt is standard and usually covers all the complexity requirements

All personal passwords I use 1Password which handles everything for me so I just remember the master which is a 36 character, foreign phrase with punctuation.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've got a standard one (that meets the usual "strong password" requirements) I use for client sites, with a digit on the end to account for the inevitable "OMG it's been two months, you must change your password" gubbins

Comment

I've got a standard one (that meets the usual "strong password" requirements) I use for client sites, with a digit on the end to account for the inevitable "OMG it's been two months, you must change your password" gubbins
            Same here.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I went to the tip / recycling centre yesterday and had to spend 15 minutes in a queue just to get in to the place - I've never seen more than two or three cars there at the same time before. Must have been everyone throwing away what was left of Christmas. Out with the old!

I wouldn't have minded so much but I only have to go there because some twunks up the street keep nicking my bins from the alley - I used to have four bins and the only one I have left now is the green one. So I collect all my rubbish and take it down to the tip once a fortnight. On the plus side, that means I get rid of it quicker than if I put it in the bin and wait for them to collect it!
              Over here they don't collect recycling. you have one bin for everything and another for garden rubbish. Around the neighbourhood there are various bottle, paper and plastic banks.

Our nearest one is a 5 min walk. I guess I'm going to have load up the car and get rid of it all.

I also have a mountain of cardboard boxes, will wait till a mate comes to visit and give them to her as she will give them to the local school who recycles them for dosh.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Break for lunch. It's weird - today is actually a training day, so we're doing a pretend sprint planning session, then tomorrow we'll be doing the real thing. The process is some weird variation on Scrum, designed to meet the needs of vast swathes of middle management that have to justify their existence, as far as I can tell.

The peculiar thing is that the team I'm with are IT infrastructure guys, and the pretend project for this training is a web app, which most of them have limited experience of planning or implementing. I'm having to bite my tongue quite a bit, as various aspects of basic usability and accessibility are flung to the wind, while assorted ridiculously easy wins are overlooked in favour of, unsurprisingly, complex infrastructure-related solutions.

Luckily this is just to get everybody used to the methods of scoring user stories and so on, and we don't actually have to implement it.

Comment

Lift sharing as of tomorrow so I've blocked out all afternoons from 4pm for the return legs.

That is going to go down like a lead balloon.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Over here they don't collect recycling. you have one bin for everything and another for garden rubbish. Around the neighbourhood there are various bottle, paper and plastic banks.

Our nearest one is a 5 min walk. I guess I'm going to have load up the car and get rid of it all.

I also have a mountain of cardboard boxes, will wait till a mate comes to visit and give them to her as she will give them to the local school who recycles them for dosh.
                    Round mine there's one bin for all the recycling - bottles, tins, plastics, paper and card, they all go in there. They even take a lot of plastics that many schemes don't such as carrier bags, so you can just stick all the recyclable stuff in a bag or two and stick it in the bin, without even having to empty the bag. It makes life a lot easier

Comment

Break for lunch. It's weird - today is actually a training day, so we're doing a pretend sprint planning session, then tomorrow we'll be doing the real thing. The process is some weird variation on Scrum, designed to meet the needs of vast swathes of middle management that have to justify their existence, as far as I can tell.

The peculiar thing is that the team I'm with are IT infrastructure guys, and the pretend project for this training is a web app, which most of them have limited experience of planning or implementing. I'm having to bite my tongue quite a bit, as various aspects of basic usability and accessibility are flung to the wind, while assorted ridiculously easy wins are overlooked in favour of, unsurprisingly, complex infrastructure-related solutions.

Luckily this is just to get everybody used to the methods of scoring user stories and so on, and we don't actually have to implement it.
                      Is it a board game you are playing?

We enjoyed that as ideas like continuous integration (which has been frowned upon here for years) produced instant benefits. We then had to spend 2 months telling management that they couldn't have it as there was actual work that had to be done.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X