• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to change Mrs Eeks car insurance (as I've done before with this company). Sorry sir you can't do that.

That's fine can I have home insurance and I will cancel the policy due to start next week and I will cancel the car policies as they come up for renewal.

Its not much but that is £750 esure won't be getting this year.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Tried to change Mrs Eeks car insurance (as I've done before with this company). Sorry sir you can't do that.

That's fine can I have home insurance and I will cancel the policy due to start next week and I will cancel the car policies as they come up for renewal.

Its not much but that is £750 esure won't be getting this year.
      What's the nature of change? name?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        What's the nature of change? name?!
        The car on the policy. It's her policy fair enough (I'm just the other named driver on the policy) but changing the car we are insuring is surely something either person can do. The annoying thing is that I've done it with them in the past so I can't understand why I can't do it now...

Either way it just means I'll go elsewhere. Its not like they are the only company in town and having read their no claim discount rules I would be moving anyway....
        Last edited by eek; 16 January 2015, 13:41.

Comment

The car on the policy. It's her policy fair enough (I'm just the other named driver on the policy) but changing the car we are insuring is surely something either person can do. The annoying thing is that I've done it with them in the past so I can't understand why I can't do it now...

Either way it just means I'll go elsewhere. Its not like they are the only company in town and having read their no claim discount rules I would be moving anyway....
          Are they refusing because you're not the named policy holder? Some companies are just jobsworth follow the process to the letter driven.

I wanted a quote to put in some double glazing in the old place and they refused to come out and quote unless both man & wife were there. FFS! They still phone up and ask if I'm looking and I kindly explain why I will never use their company.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Are they refusing because you're not the named policy holder? Some companies are just jobsworth follow the process to the letter driven.

I wanted a quote to put in some double glazing in the old place and they refused to come out and quote unless both man & wife were there. FFS! They still phone up and ask if I'm looking and I kindly explain why I will never use their company.
            Yep but I deal with insurance as it drives Mrs Eek mad. She will deal with it tonight (2 minute phone call) but it means the company will enter her blacklist so they won't get any more money from us ever again...

Actually I can get them. If Mrs Eek agrees to them using the card on the account to make the change that will be an illegal transaction as its my card...
            Last edited by eek; 16 January 2015, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Tsk. And to think i put it in south walian for you especially, it would have read 'Ti'n iawn?' for a proper Gog speaker. Both equate to 'how are you' though
              Ah.

My Cymraeg, as it was taught all those years ago, would correspond with that found in "Y Fanner ac Amserau Cymru" round about 1910.

Colloquial it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

What a waste
                Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                31800 what an even bigger waste

<Waits for Zeity>
                Wotchewonabaht?

Comment

Things we failed to grab in the last move that we should of done:
                  • the coat rack.
                  • the moveable whiteboards
                  • our desk phones we now have to use Lync and nothing but Lync ()
                  I haven't had a phone since I started here.

That's 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    31800 what an even bigger waste

<Waits for Zeity>
                    Oh.

Now I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Lunch? Lunch is for wimps people who don't want to leave the office on the stroke of four.
                      Ah, crap. We've got some training thing for four days next week. Just found out it'll run from nine to five. I'll have to take a lunch break whether I want it or not, and there's no chance of avoiding the rush hour either morning or evening

Comment

Working...
                      X