• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had weeds.

Lots of weeds.

and it didn't rain.

Pile of weeds has now returned to its previous height of 4 feet.

It sort of collapses a bit after a while so I top it up.

About 75% of lawn square now processed.

Just a bit more to do, then I can rake it over, firm it up, rake it over gently, sow the seed, rake it over again to bury seed & then hopefully it will grow.

After about 6 weeks I can start mowing it.

Deep joy.

Comment

Just had a text message informing me that the ZeitNephew's cat has just pegged it.

Apparently there's a lot of

Considering my blubbing when ZeitMog departed, I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Just had a text message informing me that the ZeitNephew's cat has just pegged it.

Apparently there's a lot of

Considering my blubbing when ZeitMog departed, I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          DWP are based in Benton Newcastle although it could equally well be Blackpool or Leeds. Basically pick a Northern Town that need employment opportunities between 1960 and 1985..

At Benton you will get a parking space in about 7 years. Until then you need to park at the local metro station (Four Lane Ends) and walk for 5 minutes...

Been there a few times in the past. Its as depressing as it sounds...

as for the upsetting people bit. I felt bad turning down Microsoft as they took a week to get me a contract that I still couldn't accept while the other option really, really wanted me and gave me the standard IPSE contract as featured on the IPSE website..
          Ta eek.

So it looks like Leeds again then. I did ask the interviewer if it was Newcastle and he was sure it wasn't there.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Looking reasonablish out there.

Comment

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all.

Rained here.

Wet pussy whining by the back door when I eventually prised myself out of bed.

We'll see if it gets dry enough to finish the weeding job this evening.

Comment

Blue clouds now.

Comment

Well, there we are, beef in the oven, along with the rice pud.

Gooseberries (green) stewed & festering in the microwave.

The sheer efficiency of my Sunday mornings knows few bounds.

Along with The Archers on the wireless.

Sheer unadulterated bliss.

To be followed by that Mancunian oik on Desert Island Discs.

Comment

Discovered the suitcases we own are either massive or stupidly small. Off shopping to get a medium size one...

And a couple of shirts and plain ties....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X